• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US citizen living abroad wants to marry a foreigner in the US

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mllecathy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I am a US citizen living permanently in France. I would like to get married back in the US though. What is the procedure for coming to the US to get married to a foreign citizen if we have no intention of staying in the US (i.e. we are not interested in getting him a green card, I would just prefer to be married amongst all my friends and family in the US before returning to France where we live). My boyfriend is Belgian (another reason we don't want to get married in France as that makes it especially complicated, two non-French citizens getting married here makes for too many administrative hurdles.) I am from Texas (my driver's license and voter's registration are there) but my parents now live in Arizona, so if the law varies from state to state, I'd rather get married wherever it's easiest... or what about a Las Vegas wedding?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">