• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The US Government has assesed my with financial liability!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pearadox6301

My ex-husband was convicted of arson. He burned down a rented home on a military installation. He is now in prison, they are coming after me for $20K. My questions; Where do I begin? What kind of a lawyer do I need? I have no financial resources to fight this.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Pearadox6301 said:
My ex-husband was convicted of arson. He burned down a rented home on a military installation. He is now in prison, they are coming after me for $20K. My questions; Where do I begin? What kind of a lawyer do I need? I have no financial resources to fight this.
My response:

I realize that you're a bit scared. But, at the same time, if you want help, you've got to be more specific. You see, you know what's going on, but we don't. We weren't there.

For example:

1. We're you married at the time the crime occurred ?

2. Who are "they" anyway; the military, or some other owner?

3. What do you mean by, "they are coming after me"? Has lawsuit been filed against you, or is Luigi chasing you around with a baseball bat ? What does that statement mean ? In other words, what documents have you received that "they are coming after" you, and what do those documents say ?

4. Give us dates for all the events.

5. What are the State names for where all of these events have taken place ?

6. Were you involved in, or did you know about, any of the crimes ?

So, before anyone can attempt to assist you, you'll need to sit back, take a breath, and use your mind to gather all of your thoughts. Try to be very specific, but leave out all of the "emotional" words.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">