• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Usage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UNCONDITIONAL4L

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIF
OK HERE GOES
I HAVE LIVED WITH A MAN FOR 14+ YEARS WE BOUGHT A HOUSE TOGETHER
WE ARE NOW PARTING WAYS

HE HAS NOW FORBIDDEN ME FROM USING THE WASHER,DRYER AND THE REFRIG..WHICH HE DID PURCHASE--THE REFRIG WAS THERE FROM THE OLD PEOPLE --HE BOUGHT IT FROM THEM--THE WASHER DRYER HE BOUGHT WHEN I SOLD MINE....WHICH THE MONEY WENT INTO THE HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT

THE DRYER I HAVE FIXED AND PAID FOR MYSELF

SO DOES HE HAVE THE RIGHT NOW THAT WE ARE BREAKING UP TO FORBID ME FROM USING THESE ITEMS?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIF
OK HERE GOES
I HAVE LIVED WITH A MAN FOR 14+ YEARS WE BOUGHT A HOUSE TOGETHER
WE ARE NOW PARTING WAYS

HE HAS NOW FORBIDDEN ME FROM USING THE WASHER,DRYER AND THE REFRIG..WHICH HE DID PURCHASE--THE REFRIG WAS THERE FROM THE OLD PEOPLE --HE BOUGHT IT FROM THEM--THE WASHER DRYER HE BOUGHT WHEN I SOLD MINE....WHICH THE MONEY WENT INTO THE HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT

THE DRYER I HAVE FIXED AND PAID FOR MYSELF

SO DOES HE HAVE THE RIGHT NOW THAT WE ARE BREAKING UP TO FORBID ME FROM USING THESE ITEMS?

yep. they are his. he owns them. you do not. this is what happens when there is no marriage. no legal ties. he is not legally required to furnish you with anything. he is not legally required to allow you to use anything of his.

LdiJ

yep. they are his. he owns them. you do not. this is what happens when there is no marriage. no legal ties. he is not legally required to furnish you with anything. he is not legally required to allow you to use anything of his.
I really disagree. Appliances are part of a house. He is being ridiculous. Of course, she could be equally ridiculous and refuse to allow him to sit on any furniture that she paid for, or watch any TV she paid for etc....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">