• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Used fake name on marriage licence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meows

What is the name of your state? Florida

Ok i was 17 and stupid, however that does not change the fact..

I used my mothers maiden name for my last name on the marriage licence. Does this invaladiate the marriage?:confused:

nailtech

courious...

did your parents consent for you to marry?? you have to be 18 in Florida to marry unless;

Parental consent not required if minor was previously married

Younger parties may obtain license in case of pregnancy or birth of child.
Not sure how it's done in Florida, but in Texas your swearing all the information you put down is true and correct...

I would think misinformation on your affiidavit and/or swearing on oath would get you into more trouble then divorcing.. but thats my opinion..

(1) No county court judge or clerk of the circuit court in this state shall issue a license for the marriage of any person unless there shall be first presented and filed with him or her an affidavit in writing, signed by both parties to the marriage, providing the social security numbers or any other available identification numbers of each party, made and subscribed before some person authorized by law to administer an oath, reciting the true and correct ages of such parties; unless both such parties shall be over the age of 18 years, except as provided in s. 741.0405; and unless one party is a male and the other party is a female. Pursuant to the federal Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996, each party is required to provide his or her social security number in accordance with this section.
(only Part of the statute)

Last edited:
M

meows

Yes I was pregnant

Younger parties may obtain license in case of pregnancy or birth of child.

The problem is this was some time ago. I'm 31 now and have been separated from my husband for 10 years, and have found someone worth marrying and don't know if i use my Real name this time (in another state)will my past use of my mothers maiden name come back and bite me in the back side?

M

meows

Yikes

momma_tiger said:
Talk to a lawyer and find out before you do something stupid.
Oh my goodness, does this mean I'm the only woman in the world that has ever been stupid enough to do something like this?

My oh my.:confused:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Re: Yikes

meows said:
Oh my goodness, does this mean I'm the only woman in the world that has ever been stupid enough to do something like this?

My oh my.:confused:
Since you made one mistake while you were young, it would be wise to not compound it now - it's worth some time & money to talk to a lawyer.

M

meows

Re: Re: Yikes

momma_tiger said:
Since you made one mistake while you were young, it would be wise to not compound it now - it's worth some time & money to talk to a lawyer.
Good point!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">