• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utah laws on statute of limitations on mental abuse of a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RJ

I would like to know about Utah's child abuse statute of limitations? Information aboutproceedures to pressing charges after 6 year period. The abuse was mostly mental and verbal, but still has a great impact,and was going on from the age of 15 to 20. There has been many witnesses. She has made comments while at her place of buissness, and in front of relatives and friends of mine and hers. I have discussed this with my school councelers and a few teachers. I would just like to get an idea on whether I can do something about this so that it doesn't happen to anyone else. I am also afraid of what she may do to my niece and nephews. This woman has a lot of serious problems and needs to get help before she hurts herself or someone else.

[Edited by RJ on 12-18-2000 at 07:07 PM]

LegalBeagle

RJ said:
I would like to know about Utah's child abuse statute of limitations? Information aboutproceedures to pressing charges after 6 year period. The abuse was mostly mental and verbal, but still has a great impact,and was going on from the age of 15 to 20.
What proof do you have ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">