• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal Contract in Washington State? family law related

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nobaby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I am currently experiencing a financial disaster due to a miscarriage, postpartum depression and work loss while dealing with medical issues. The father offered to open a joint checking account and deposit a specific amount monthly and I accepted the offer. He then went to his native country to visit parents and now is denying our relationship. I have text messages from him offering to help, but nothing as specific as the verbal agreement.

Do I have any recourse in this matter?

Thank you

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

I am currently experiencing a financial disaster due to a miscarriage, postpartum depression and work loss while dealing with medical issues. The father offered to open a joint checking account and deposit a specific amount monthly and I accepted the offer. He then went to his native country to visit parents and now is denying our relationship. I have text messages from him offering to help, but nothing as specific as the verbal agreement.

Do I have any recourse in this matter?

Thank you

I'm sorry, but no.

He owes you nothing, legally.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">