• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation- 13 year daugher

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sumur409

My divorce was granted in Jun 2000 I moved from Clwr Fl. to Orlando Fl in Oct.2000 and now my ex says I refuse to let him see his daughter. I have asked for him to come visit her anytime even if it is not his time to see her because I moved. I have pleaded with him to meet us half way to pick her up for the weekend; and the only time he will see her is if I bring her to Clearwater. I gave her father 3 months notice to get with me to make a new schedule and he refused -- now I find my self being sued for contempt of court because I moved and he refused to communicate he said he wants the judge to make me bring her to him every week --- is this legal he says its his word against mine and he is a florida highway patrolman he told his lawyer that I never told him I was moving -- what will happen to me --- Our daughter wants to talk to the judge at the hearing I think she should he is trying to stop that also --- please advise

L

LadyBlu

sumur409 said:
My divorce was granted in Jun 2000 I moved from Clwr Fl. to Orlando Fl in Oct.2000 and now my ex says I refuse to let him see his daughter. I have asked for him to come visit her anytime even if it is not his time to see her because I moved. I have pleaded with him to meet us half way to pick her up for the weekend; and the only time he will see her is if I bring her to Clearwater. I gave her father 3 months notice to get with me to make a new schedule and he refused -- now I find my self being sued for contempt of court because I moved and he refused to communicate he said he wants the judge to make me bring her to him every week --- is this legal he says its his word against mine and he is a florida highway patrolman he told his lawyer that I never told him I was moving -- what will happen to me --- Our daughter wants to talk to the judge at the hearing I think she should he is trying to stop that also --- please advise
How old is the daughter? If she is 12 or older the judge could go ahead and allow her to talk to him in chambers.

If youhave any type of documentation then you need to present that to the court. It is not uncommon for parents to move within a state when divorced and unless your court order specifies you need court approval to move then you were within your rights. If you have any kind of phone records where you have contacted him, copies of letters, emails. If you have an attorney and your ex has called you then see about subpeonaing his phone records. That will be enough evidence to prove he knew of the move.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">