• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DOLLBABY726

Bronx, New York

the father of my 2 children has been an absent parent for 8 years and in November, 2000 he started calling and in December, 2000 I was served with papers because he wants overnight visitation. Since he has been an absent parent for so long does this visitation custody differ from one that is filed at the same time of divorce? We were married in 1986, seperated in 1991 and divorced in 1995.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

DOLLBABY726 said:
Bronx, New York

the father of my 2 children has been an absent parent for 8 years and in November, 2000 he started calling and in December, 2000 I was served with papers because he wants overnight visitation. Since he has been an absent parent for so long does this visitation custody differ from one that is filed at the same time of divorce? We were married in 1986, seperated in 1991 and divorced in 1995.
My response:

You asked if the former custody order differs from the current request for visitation.

How would anyone know ? You never posted the terms and conditions of the 1995 orders.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">