• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Transportation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

babybs

Visitation transportation

In the state of Michigan can the mother be legally forced to meet the father halfway for visitation? We live four hours apart and the mother refuses to meet me. On Friday's twice a month I make the drive from Northern Michigan to get my boys and then turn right around and drive back up north to my home, 8+ hours on the road. I repeat this again on Sunday. I really only have one day to spend with my boys because of the driving time involved. I can't afford to get a hotel room for 4 nights each month either. I would like her to meet me and it was never addressed in the divorce. HELP!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Visitation transportation

babybs said:
In the state of Michigan can the mother be legally forced to meet the father halfway for visitation? We live four hours apart and the mother refuses to meet me. On Friday's twice a month I make the drive from Northern Michigan to get my boys and then turn right around and drive back up north to my home, 8+ hours on the road. I repeat this again on Sunday. I really only have one day to spend with my boys because of the driving time involved. I can't afford to get a hotel room for 4 nights each month either. I would like her to meet me and it was never addressed in the divorce. HELP!!!
My response:

Go back to court.

IAAL

MySonsMom

Unless there is a court order saying that she provide half of the transporation, she isn't liable to do it for you. (unless she does it out of the kindness of her heart)

Like IAAL said, you will need to take it back to court to have it added to the court papers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">