• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to change name for my son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harishpublic

Hi,
I would like to change name of my son. he is 3 years old. he born in Las Vegas, NV. he had birth certificate and passport. can you please direct me the process to do this and the cost of doing this.

Thank you in advance.

sandyclaus

Hi,
I would like to change name of my son. he is 3 years old. he born in Las Vegas, NV. he had birth certificate and passport. can you please direct me the process to do this and the cost of doing this.

Thank you in advance.
What is the purpose of changing his name? What are you trying to accomplish and why?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I also agree by you that what is the purpose to change the name of your son? In most cases, you have to pay a fee when you ask the court to change your name.
A filing fee is normally required when filing in court. Which would have to happen to change the child's name. There would also be other requirements including publication in a newspaper, court hearings, proper service on all interested parties and various other steps that would need to be gone through. If the child's other parent fights a name change it very well may not happen. And Olive, you might want to sit back and read a bit before responding.

olivecooper

A filing fee is normally required when filing in court. Which would have to happen to change the child's name. There would also be other requirements including publication in a newspaper, court hearings, proper service on all interested parties and various other steps that would need to be gone through. If the child's other parent fights a name change it very well may not happen. And Olive, you might want to sit back and read a bit before responding.

My dear friend Ohiogal...your are taking me as a wrong and give me a rude reply on my every thread. I accept that I have not much knowledge as you have but my suggestions are not so bad. Please I request you to please be polite with me for the next time****************************...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
My dear friend Ohiogal...your are taking me as a wrong and give me a rude reply on my every thread. I accept that I have not much knowledge as you have but my suggestions are not so bad. Please I request you to please be polite with me for the next time****************************...
I was polite. I suggest again that you sit back and don't post as you don't post correct responses. If you continue posting incorrectly making it necessary for others to post the proper responses, you will find that you will be banned. And I am NOT your dear friend.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi,

Thank you in advance.
What state do you presently reside in? If not NV, then how long have you resided in the present state?

Where is the other parent?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What state do you presently reside in? If not NV, then how long have you resided in the present state?

Where is the other parent?
Psst.. OP hasn't been in here in almost two months... Olive just wanted to chastise me for my rudeness.

Antigone*

If you don't have much knowledge then you have no business posting.:)

The smilie is an indication that I was not being rude.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">