• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

want to see my little boy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crispex77

I have been separated from my husband for 2 yrs. When he left I relocated to Florida with our son yes he knew I was moving He moved to Texas. Last December he wanted to come back into my life, and my son whom is now 12 wanted to spend time with his dad whom really hadnt made much effort since he had left to see my son. I agreed to let my son go stay with dad for a while I wanted my son to be happy My husband is upset I do not want to relocate to Texas. My son was very close to me before he left, now my son calls me names on the phone, ignores my calls, and has only spoke to me for about 4 hours total time in 5 months. I asked my ex when my sons school was going to be out so that I may fly him out for summer, my ex let me know he would not be allowing that, and has now told me he believed for me to be a drug addict and will not allow time alone with me and my son. I would only be allowed to see my son if I went to Texas. I had met someone in the 2 yrs my husband was gone, and yes the man moved in with me about 9 months ago. When my son was around this man he played video games, skateboarded, and hung with him like a buddy. My son has now told me he hates the man because he must be a drug addict, and white trash like I am. I'm not sure were to start or who to talk to. I've considered turning my self into DCF just to prove I'm not a drug addict horrible person. I would like to get a divorce. And if living with my ex makes my son happy I want him to live there, I just want to be a part, and be a mom as much as I can be. Give my kid the best of both worlds. Any suggestions?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I have been separated from my husband for 2 yrs. When he left I relocated to Florida with our son yes he knew I was moving He moved to Texas. Last December he wanted to come back into my life, and my son whom is now 12 wanted to spend time with his dad whom really hadnt made much effort since he had left to see my son. I agreed to let my son go stay with dad for a while I wanted my son to be happy My husband is upset I do not want to relocate to Texas. My son was very close to me before he left, now my son calls me names on the phone, ignores my calls, and has only spoke to me for about 4 hours total time in 5 months. I asked my ex when my sons school was going to be out so that I may fly him out for summer, my ex let me know he would not be allowing that, and has now told me he believed for me to be a drug addict and will not allow time alone with me and my son. I would only be allowed to see my son if I went to Texas. I had met someone in the 2 yrs my husband was gone, and yes the man moved in with me about 9 months ago. When my son was around this man he played video games, skateboarded, and hung with him like a buddy. My son has now told me he hates the man because he must be a drug addict, and white trash like I am. I'm not sure were to start or who to talk to. I've considered turning my self into DCF just to prove I'm not a drug addict horrible person. I would like to get a divorce. And if living with my ex makes my son happy I want him to live there, I just want to be a part, and be a mom as much as I can be. Give my kid the best of both worlds. Any suggestions?
File for Divorce. Realize that Dad has status quo on his side and Son will be staying there. Get an enforceable long distance visitation/child support order for yourself. Make sure to include Skype/IM to facilitate your relationship with Son. :cool:

ecmst12

Probably best to hire a lawyer in TX and file for divorce there, since that is the state that has jurisdiction of the child.

LdiJ

Probably best to hire a lawyer in TX and file for divorce there, since that is the state that has jurisdiction of the child.
She said last december and she said 5 months...so, if the child went to dad for Xmas break and stayed, then its just about 5 months now. TX won't have jurisdiction for another 3-4 weeks. If mom got something filed really quickly in her state (like within a week) her state would still have jurisdiction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">