• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

welfare fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

VIVICA E.

i live in california, if my fiance's ex girlfriend (they have 2 kids together that have always lived w/him) is collecting welfare/medi-cal insurance for his 2 kids who do not live w/her (& never have!), is he then liable for her fraud? he is aware of this situation but choses to do nothing about it. he does'nt even claim the kids on his taxes every year because she claims them, will he be held liable to pay back all the welfare she has collected for the past 12 years or is there something we can do to prove she commited fraud?? the kids are registered @ school through our address & she maybe picks them up once a week if it's to her convience. what can i do to protect my $$ after we are married?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

VIVICA E. said:
i live in california, if my fiance's ex girlfriend (they have 2 kids together that have always lived w/him) is collecting welfare/medi-cal insurance for his 2 kids who do not live w/her (& never have!), is he then liable for her fraud? he is aware of this situation but choses to do nothing about it. he does'nt even claim the kids on his taxes every year because she claims them, will he be held liable to pay back all the welfare she has collected for the past 12 years or is there something we can do to prove she commited fraud?? the kids are registered @ school through our address & she maybe picks them up once a week if it's to her convience. what can i do to protect my $$ after we are married?
My response:

Vivica, are you even reading what I already told you to do ?

You're writing different scenarios, but at the end, your asking the same question : "What can I do to protect my $$ after we are married."

If you insist on marrying this man, and he's got these kind of troubles, expect his troubles to become your troubles. There's no getting around it. His troubles will become yours.

IAAL

B

BugHogan

Instead of depending on him to do something about the fraud situation, why don't you report it? Do you also live with him and the children? Report her. There are a lot of people and children in need that can't get welfare benefits because of people like her who are trying to screw the system. That's why the government is cracking down so much on welfare recipients. It is your responsibility to report her, I believe. I can't understand why your boyfriend doesn't report her, that would definitely raise a red flag to me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">