• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

btyboop2u

i really did not get answer with my last question. if you go into my original question you will see that i have court in april. i dont know what to tell the judge. i cant tell my sons court appointed lawyer cuz if i do maybe he will tell his father to seek my son. i dont know this lawyer to well so you never know if he is really in the best interest for the child, or if he is on either side for the parents.

LegalBeagle

btyboop2u said:
i really did not get answer with my last question. if you go into my original question you will see that i have court in april. i dont know what to tell the judge. i cant tell my sons court appointed lawyer cuz if i do maybe he will tell his father to seek my son. i dont know this lawyer to well so you never know if he is really in the best interest for the child, or if he is on either side for the parents.
The point is.. have you asked bio dad if he is willing to allow an adoption ? If not then all you can do is ask for a reduction in the visitation but if the bio is making some effort, then I am not sure how far you will get.

What exactly are you after and why does your son have an attorney ?

B

btyboop2u

i dont know why my son has a court appointed lawyer. all i know is that when we went to court my son had one. i guess because after 5 years his bio wanted visitation and they did not want it to be a battle. his father has not seen or called him in 3 months now. my husband wants to adopt my son. how do i ask the bio father to give up his rights so that it is leagal and that he does not say we never talked about it. Do i do this before we go to court over the phone or in person, or should i seek a laywer to make up a letter. i am scared that if i bring in a laywer he will be upset and just because of revenge he wont agree. unfortunalty this is the type of person he is. he dosen't care about my son. if he did he would make an effort to visit or atleast let us know that he is having problems and he can not visit my son. Thank you for your quick response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">