• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What an Idiot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ammfasr

:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was married when I was young (19 - now 42) and filed for divorce in '89. The papers was sign by both of us and submitted. I was under the impression that sealed the deal. I since have remarried and have the house and kids (4) situation. How do I go about finding evidence of the divorce, since I have none, and am I living a lie or worse am I / have I been breaking the law all this time. If so, what is my steps to clear this up.:eek:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
:(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was married when I was young (19 - now 42) and filed for divorce in '89. The papers was sign by both of us and submitted. I was under the impression that sealed the deal. I since have remarried and have the house and kids (4) situation. How do I go about finding evidence of the divorce, since I have none, and am I living a lie or worse am I / have I been breaking the law all this time. If so, what is my steps to clear this up.:eek:
Call the courthouse where they were filed and see what happened. YOu may be a bigamist. Once you find out if the JUDGE signed your papers thus making it official come back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">