• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What rights do I have as a father?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marie.rogers86

VA
My X-wife and I have a son together. He comes to stay with me during spring break and some during the summer. She told me recently that she contact my child's baby sitter when ever she wants. Even though the baby sitter wants to contact me(father) as needed the my x-wife. My x-wife stated that if the baby sitter does not answer the phone she will file legal action against us and the baby sitter. Can she do that? She says she needs to call and check on him during his day at daycare. I told her she could get that info from me because I check on him. Any suggestions?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
VA
My X-wife and I have a son together. He comes to stay with me during spring break and some during the summer. She told me recently that she contact my child's baby sitter when ever she wants. Even though the baby sitter wants to contact me(father) as needed the my x-wife. My x-wife stated that if the baby sitter does not answer the phone she will file legal action against us and the baby sitter. Can she do that? She says she needs to call and check on him during his day at daycare. I told her she could get that info from me because I check on him. Any suggestions?
You are dad and your name is MARIE? Really? Your hubby's ex-wife is allowed to call the baby sitter. Okay, stepmom?

nextwife

You are dad and your name is MARIE? Really? Your hubby's ex-wife is allowed to call the baby sitter. Okay, stepmom?
Of course, if kiddo was at day camp, or spring break camp, or Museum Camp all day, kiddo couldn't recieve phone calls, nor could the camp counselors/teachers.

However did our parents survive all day, back when we spent the entire day at school or camp or whatever we did, without constantly being connected by phone?

CSO286

Of course, if kiddo was at day camp, or spring break camp, or Museum Camp all day, kiddo couldn't recieve phone calls, nor could the camp counselors/teachers.

However did our parents survive all day, back when we spent the entire day at school or camp or whatever we did, without constantly being connected by phone?
Exactly. LittleCSO is going to a two-week sleepaway camp this summer---no phones allowed.

Personally, I'm thrilled. I know they'll find me if there's a problem, but other than that, I've got no worries. I'm going to play!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">