• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Should I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rbeem127

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Ohio

Sorry, but my long post didn't post. Anyway, my 12 yr. old son is lying to his dad (my ex) so he can go live with him. My son told his dad that my husband & I are beating the 2 youngest children with a bed post with a knob on it. I have 4 children. I'm the custodial parent. My son admitted that he is lying to try and get us in trouble just so he can live with his dad. His dad abused him when he was younger, but said that I'm lying about that. His dad denies the abuse ever happened, even though we have court documentation of him admitting to it with witnesses. My friend who is a juvenile probation officer thinks I should call CPS and let them know whats going before the dad calls them, if he does. The dad has before and nothing came of it. His dad has been telling him for the past 2 years that my son is going to come live with him. The dad even filed in court to take the kids away, but then dropped the case 2 days before court. Should I call CPS?

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Ohio

Sorry, but my long post didn't post. Anyway, my 12 yr. old son is lying to his dad (my ex) so he can go live with him. My son told his dad that my husband & I are beating the 2 youngest children with a bed post with a knob on it. I have 4 children. I'm the custodial parent. My son admitted that he is lying to try and get us in trouble just so he can live with his dad. His dad abused him when he was younger, but said that I'm lying about that. His dad denies the abuse ever happened, even though we have court documentation of him admitting to it with witnesses. My friend who is a juvenile probation officer thinks I should call CPS and let them know whats going before the dad calls them, if he does. The dad has before and nothing came of it. His dad has been telling him for the past 2 years that my son is going to come live with him. The dad even filed in court to take the kids away, but then dropped the case 2 days before court. Should I call CPS?
Personally I would call a GOOD Child Psychologist to help my 12 year old child that is lying about child abuse.

rbeem127

Personally I would call a GOOD Child Psychologist to help my 12 year old child that is lying about child abuse.
I have had him to 3 different counselors, and he just won't open up and talk. He thinks everything his dad tells him is the truth. Should I keep CPS out of it? I'm almost sure his dad will call them again.

Just Blue

I have had him to 3 different counselors, and he just won't open up and talk. He thinks everything his dad tells him is the truth. Should I keep CPS out of it? I'm almost sure his dad will call them again.
Take him to a DOCTOR. Perhaps for a psych eval. If what your saying is true then you have a very disturbed child.

rbeem127

Take him to a DOCTOR. Perhaps for a psych eval. If what your saying is true then you have a very disturbed child.
Didn't think of the psych eval. I'll do that. Thank you! Yes, he does have anger issues from his past abuse from his dad. And his dad refuses to go to counseling with him because he denies it ever happened.

Just Blue

Didn't think of the psych eval. I'll do that. Thank you! Yes, he does have anger issues from his past abuse from his dad. And his dad refuses to go to counseling with him because he denies it ever happened.
Is this the same son that was molested by Step-Grandfather? If so what was the outcome of the Criminal Case? Did the child receive counseling by a DOCTOR specializing in this type of trauma?

rbeem127

Is this the same son that was molested by Step-Grandfather? If so what was the outcome of the Criminal Case? Did the child receive counseling by a DOCTOR specializing in this type of trauma?
No, that wasn't my son. My son was abused by his dad, and sexually abused by his uncle, which is on the dads side.

Just Blue

No, that wasn't my son. My son was abused by his dad, and sexually abused by his uncle, which is on the dads side.
That is not what you said on your GPV Thread.

04-20-2012, 10:39 AM #1 rbeem127 View Profile View Forum Posts View Blog Entries View Articles Add as Contact
Junior Member Join Date Jan 2012
Posts 24 Grandparents rights
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Ohio, but my bio mom lives in Michigan. I have 4 children by my ex. I have been remarried for 5 years. My bio mother is trying to get grandparents rights to my 4 children. She gave up her rights to me when I was a teenager, and another couple took me in, but didn't adopt me. Their have been 7 children molested under the care of my bio mom, including me & my son. I don't have a relationship with her, and haven't for years. Besides, the children do get to see her while on visitations with my ex, of which I don't approve. Does my bio mom have any standing to get visitations? Thank you!!

#1, that was really stupid of you to say. #2, I have. My youngest is 6. I could say, please stop shooting off your mouth!!
No, it isn't "really stupid of me to say." According to you every child you have brought into this world has been subject to neglect, abuse and misery. There comes a point where you must just make the adult decision to STOP.

Just Blue

Oh, my son & I were abused under the care of my bio mother by others. My bio dad abused me. My son has never been around my bio dad.
Again. YOU STATED
Their have been 7 children molested under the care of my bio mom, including me & my son.
Why were you and your son "under the care" of "bio-mom"? WHO molested the son while under "bio-mom" care?What was the outcome of the criminal case regarding this assault against your child? WHY did you allow you son to be around this person(bio-mom)? How old are you?

And WHY do you not REALLY answer pertinent questions posted??:confused:

rbeem127

No, it isn't "really stupid of me to say." According to you every child you have brought into this world has been subject to neglect, abuse and misery. There comes a point where you must just make the adult decision to STOP.
Obviously you can't read . Every child I brought into this world wasn't subject to those things. Stop ttalking. I thought I smelled something. I've never neglected any of my kids.

Last edited by a moderator:

rbeem127

Again. YOU STATED

Why were you and your son "under the care" of "bio-mom"? WHO molested the son while under "bio-mom" care?What was the outcome of the criminal case regarding this assault against your child? WHY did you allow you son to be around this person(bio-mom)? How old are you?

And WHY do you not REALLY answer pertinent questions posted??:confused:
I was little when I was abused by bio-dad. My son was little when he was abused by his dad & uncle. I have nothing to do with bio-mom or dad since I was given up as a teenager, with the exception of trying to fix things with bio-mom, but that didn't work. The uncle was charged & put on sex registry until he turned 21 I think. He was 14 when he committed the crimes. What does ALL this have to do with my original question anyway??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">