• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

When only one parent wants an abortion.....?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cosmina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA.

First of all, if this question is not in the correct section please feel free to move it or tell me to move it myself if there is a way that I am able to do so as just a regular junior member(TIA!:)). If an unmarried woman is pregnant and wishes to have an abortion but the father does not want her to have one, and he goes to court over the matter in an attempt to prevent her from having the abortion, will the fact that they are not/were not married in the first place have any relevance on the case? By the way, not just necessarily in the state of GA., but anywhere in the USA. Thank you very kindly for any and all answers you can give me :).

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA.

First of all, if this question is not in the correct section please feel free to move it or tell me to move it myself if there is a way that I am able to do so as just a regular junior member(TIA!:)). If an unmarried woman is pregnant and wishes to have an abortion but the father does not want her to have one, and he goes to court over the matter in an attempt to prevent her from having the abortion, will the fact that they are not/were not married in the first place have any relevance on the case? By the way, not just necessarily in the state of GA., but anywhere in the USA. Thank you very kindly for any and all answers you can give me :).
Her body, her pregnancy, her choice -- regardless of marital status. The putative father has no say on the issue.

ecmst12

I don't think a putative father would even be able to file anything to interfere with the woman's right to terminate the pregnancy - no other human being would have any standing to make that choice for the pregnant woman. She is the ONLY one who gets to make that call.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">