• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

where do I stand..please help...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moontheloon8

I live in Rhode Island. I have been married for 8 years we have 4 children between us. Though not formally diagnosed, I have reason to believe my wife suffers from BPD. While I have for the most part learned to ignore her rants, there is something I must know: During her outbursts, she often threatens to have me removed from the home, have me arrested for driving "her car", etc.
Now the fact is, she bought the home 1 year before we were married, with the help of her father, whose name is on the deed along with hers. When our children were younger, we were in dire straights financially (due to lack of child support from her ex.) and pretty much exhausted my money and credit cards, leaving my credit rating in the basement, so purchased the cars in her name, though I am on the insurance.
I work steadily, and have been slowly rebuilding my credit. I have no notion to leave the marriage at this time. Can she legally throw me out of the house or have me arrested for driving the cars?? I need some peace of mind. Thanks

Last edited:

Gracie3787

I live in Rhode Island. I have been married for 8 years we have 4 children between us. Though not formally diagnosed, I have reason to believe my wife suffers from BPD. While I have for the most part learned to ignore her rants, there is something I must know: During her outbursts, she often threatens to have me removed from the home, have me arrested for driving "her car", etc.
Now the fact is, she bought the home 1 year before we were married, with the help of her father, whose name is on the deed along with hers. When our children were younger, we were in dire straights financially (due to lack of child support from her ex.) and pretty much exhausted my money and credit cards, leaving my credit rating in the basement, so purchased the cars in her name, though I am on the insurance.
I work steadily, and have been slowly rebuilding my credit. I have no notion to leave the marriage at this time. Can she legally throw me out of the house or have me arrested for driving the cars?? I need some peace of mind. Thanks
No, she cannot have you arrested for driving her car.

No, she cannot throw you out of the house without going the through the legal avenue of an eviction.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">