• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

why my post was deleted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

computerproblem

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I just posted a question about it being legal to kill strays cats (no I wasn't joking and it IS legal in some places) since I didn't get a PM I don't know why it was deleted.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

I just posted a question about it being legal to kill strays cats (no I wasn't joking and it IS legal in some places) since I didn't get a PM I don't know why it was deleted.
Because it's really not appropriate to this forum.

computerproblem

AND, like I said it my post there doesn't appear to be a forum appropriate to it, or a "general law" forum, I don't know which one it would fit. Why couldn't you have just moved it to the right one?

Zigner

AND, like I said it my post there doesn't appear to be a forum appropriate to it, or a "general law" forum, I don't know which one it would fit. Why couldn't you have just moved it to the right one?
If you have a non-hypothetical question, please feel free to post it in the appropriate forum. Even if you HAD posted in the criminal law forum (which is probably much more appropriate than Family Law), it still is purely a political/hypothetical rant more than a question.

computerproblem

If you have a non-hypothetical question, please feel free to post it in the appropriate forum. Even if you HAD posted in the criminal law forum (which is probably much more appropriate than Family Law), it still is purely a political/hypothetical rant more than a question.
No it is a question.

ques⋅tion
  /ˈkwɛstʃən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [kwes-chuhn] Show IPA
Use question in a Sentence
–noun
1. a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.
2. a problem for discussion or under discussion; a matter for investigation.
3. a matter of some uncertainty or difficulty; problem (usually fol. by of): It was simply a question of time.
4. a subject of dispute or controversy.
5. a proposal to be debated or voted on, as in a meeting or a deliberative assembly.
6. the procedure of putting a proposal to vote.
7. Politics. a problem of public policy submitted to the voters for an expression of opinion.
8. Law.
a. a controversy that is submitted to a judicial tribunal or administrative agency for decision.
b. the interrogation by which information is secured.
c. Obsolete. judicial examination or trial.
9. the act of asking or inquiring; interrogation; query.
10. inquiry into or discussion of some problem or doubtful matter.
–verb (used with object)
11. to ask (someone) a question; ask questions of; interrogate.
12. to ask or inquire.
13. to make a question of; doubt: He questioned her sincerity.
14. to challenge or dispute: She questioned the judge's authority in the case.
–verb (used without object)
15. to ask a question or questions.
—Idioms
16. beg the question. beg (def. 9).
17. beyond question, beyond dispute; without doubt: It was, beyond question, a magnificent performance. Also, beyond all question.
18. call in or into question,
a. to dispute; challenge.
b. to cast doubt upon; question: This report calls into question all previous research on the subject.
19. in question,
a. under consideration.
b. in dispute.
20. out of the question, not to be considered; unthinkable; impossible: She thought about a trip to Spain but dismissed it as out of the question.
Origin:
1250–1300; (n.) ME questio(u)n, questiun < AF questiun, MF question < L quaestiōn- (s. of quaestiō), equiv. to quaes-, s. of quaerere to ask + -tiōn- -tion; (v.) late ME < MF questioner, deriv. of the n.

Related forms:
ques⋅tion⋅er, noun

Synonyms:
1. inquiry, query, interrogation. 11. query, examine. 12. See inquire.

Antonyms:
1, 11. answer, reply.
Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2009.
Cite This Source
|
Link To question
Explore the Visual Thesaurus »
Related Words for : question
enquiry, inquiry, interrogation, query, call into question
View more related words »

usmle qbank questions?
Need more? Aim Your Brain at USMLE. NEW Book! Proven Study System.
AIM YOUR BRAIN® at USMLE Step 1 | Ideas2Pen
Questions And Answers
Find more sources/options for Questions And Answers
WebCrawler Web Search
ques·tion (kwěs'chən)
n.

1. An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.
2. An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture.
3. A proposition brought up for consideration by an assembly.
4. The act of bringing a proposal to vote.
2. A subject or point open to controversy; an issue.
3. A difficult matter; a problem: a question of ethics.
4. A point or subject under discussion or consideration.
1. A proposition brought up for consideration by an assembly.
2. The act of bringing a proposal to vote.
6. Uncertainty; doubt: There is no question about the validity of the enterprise.

v. ques·tioned, ques·tion·ing, ques·tions

v. tr.

1. To put a question to. See Synonyms at ask.
2. To examine (a witness, for example) by questioning; interrogate.
3. To express doubt about; dispute.
4. To analyze; examine.

v. intr.
To ask questions.

[Middle English, from Old French, legal inquiry, from Latin quaestiō, quaestiōn-, from *quaestus, obsolete past participle of quaerere, to ask, seek.]
ques'tion·er n., ques'tion·ing·ly adv.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
Cite This Source
Word Origin & History

question (n.)
c.1300, from Anglo-Fr. questiun, O.Fr. question "legal inquest," from L. quæstionem (nom. quæstio) "a seeking, inquiry," from root of quærere (pp. quæsitus) "ask, seek" (see query). The verb is first recorded 1470, from O.Fr. questionner (13c.). Question mark is from 1869, earlier question stop (1862). Depreciatory sense of questionable is attested from 1806.
Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source
No Banner Ads. Faster Page Loading.
Get the FREE Dictionary.com Toolbar.
Legal Dictionary

Main Entry: ques·tion
Function: noun
1 : a particular query directed to a witness —compare INTERROGATORYhy·po·thet·i·cal question
/"hI-p&-'the-ti-k&l/
: a question directed to an expert witness (as a physician) that is based on the existence of facts offered in evidence and the answer to which is an opinion to be considered in light of the evidence
NOTE: Modern rules of evidence have lessened the need for a hypothetical question setting forth all of the facts to be assumed in answering the question. An expert witness may state an opinion based on data or facts considered reliable in his or her field even if not already disclosed or not admissible as evidence.leading question
: a question so framed or presented as to suggest a particular answer <leading questions should not be used on the direct examination of a witness except as may be necessary to develop his testimony —Federal Rules of Evidence Rule 611(c)>
NOTE: Leading questions are permitted in direct examination of an adverse witness or one who is a child or has a communication disorder. They are ordinarily permitted in cross-examination.
2 : a particular matter or issue that is in dispute, uncertain, or to be inquired intocertified question
1 : a question of state law that may determine the outcome of a case pending in a federal court and that is submitted by the federal court to the state's highest court when there is no controlling state precedent
2 : a question of law submitted to a federal or state court by a lower court or tribunal certified question>federal question
: a question that falls under the jurisdiction of a federal court because it requires a resolution of the construction or application of federal law —see also federal question jurisdiction at JURISDICTIONpo·lit·i·cal question
: a question that the court declines to consider because it involves a political matter that is not justiciable without infringing on the powers of the executive or legislative branch or is not accompanied by guiding policy or discoverable and manageable standards for resolving it —see also POLITICAL QUESTION DOCTRINEquestion of fact
: a question that depends on an examination of factual matters, is usually decided by a jury, and is usually not considered on appealquestion of law
: a question that depends on an examination of law rather than fact, is decided by a judge rather than by a jury, and may be examined on appeal
3 : a proposition submitted to a vote (as in a referendum)
Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of Law, © 1996 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
Cite This Source
Idioms & Phrases

question

see ask a stupid question; beg the question; beside the point (question); beyond question; burning question; call in question; in question; leading question; loaded question; open question; out of the question; pop the question; rhetorical question; without question.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of Idioms by Christine Ammer.
Copyright © 1997. Published by Houghton Mifflin.
Cite This Source
Search another word or see question on Thesaurus | Reference
Ask Any Question for Free
Search for answers to any question for free. Ask your question now.
www.Answerly.com/Search-Answers
Question Definition
Find Definitions For Any Word.Get Your Free Dictionary.com Toolbar.
Dictionary.com

* Learn a language
* Free Degree Info

* Spelling Bee
* Spelling Coach

Now thanks to you I have to type it all over again. thank you. and you didn't even inform me it was inappropriate.

AHA

Then why ask if you already claim to know?

Zigner

Private Message: thanks

Today, 09:44 AM

thanks
Well, thanks for deleting my post! My question was too hypothetical to ask, brilliant.

Even though this time I did post it in the right forum. This might get be banned but I don't care. I'm not begging to a moron of your stature.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">