+ Reply to Thread
    terry hale is offline Junior Member

wife left and took kids help please

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mo i am on busness in mdmphis tn and just found out that my wife took off with everything including my kids took her and my car drained my checking and is hedding to az how can i get my kids back to missouri can she take them out of state
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terry hale View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mo i am on busness in mdmphis tn and just found out that my wife took off with everything including my kids took her and my car drained my checking and is hedding to az how can i get my kids back to missouri can she take them out of state
    For how long are you in Memphis TN? Was the checking account a JOINT account?
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    FarmerJ is offline Senior Member
    I would suggest you also use the links above and speak to a Divorce atty NOW to learn if there is any advantage to being the one to file first in your home state & Include asking about 50 /50 custody since she is the one who removed them from the marital residence, The atty can advise you of any possible advantages re being the first one to file for Divorce. Also go to a bank and get a new acct where you are the only one listed on it. If the account she drained was joint not much you can do about her draining it but you are free to prevent her from doing it again . Keep a good eye on any other accts that are joint like major credit cards.