• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife is mentally ill we are separated, can her doctor talk to me about her?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Boxcarbill

Sure he can but he would be violating her right of doctor-patient privilege if he did so without her consent.

B

blakelych

she lives by herself. if i feel that she is in danger of harming herself, what steps can i take? my first thought is to call the police. but i do beleive that she is smart enough make them beleive she is okay.

B

Boxcarbill

blakelych said:
she lives by herself. if i feel that she is in danger of harming herself, what steps can i take? my first thought is to call the police. but i do beleive that she is smart enough make them beleive she is okay.
I have no idea what the laws in NC are for involuntary committment. You can look them up if you are interested. At the top of the page is a yellow bar which contains hot links (no pun intended); click on "state resources," then click on North Carolina and then click on state statute or state code or whatever name that NC chooses to call their statutes. You are looking for a mental health and involuntary committment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">