• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife moved husband to unmarked grave

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sos4help

What is the name of your state? Virginia
I am not sure if this is the right thread for this. But I am hoping someone can help me.

My mother became very upset with my father who has been dead for a long time. She moved him to a unmarked grave and won't allow anyone to know where he is.

I want to find him and put a marker on his grave. Does anyone know if adult children has any rights along this line? Can she legally keep this information from me?

sos4help

Could I have a chance of getting a court order to get the information?

Would getting a lawyer help me at all?

Veronica1228

sos4help said:
What is the name of your state? Virginia
I am not sure if this is the right thread for this. But I am hoping someone can help me.

My mother became very upset with my father who has been dead for a long time. She moved him to a unmarked grave and won't allow anyone to know where he is.

I want to find him and put a marker on his grave. Does anyone know if adult children has any rights along this line? Can she legally keep this information from me?
If you know what cemetary he is buried in they might give you that information if you go to their office and ask for it. That is if your mother hasn't restricted this information from being given out somehow.

sos4help

I do know the cemetary where he is. But she made them sign a paper saying that they would never reveal his location.

If I could locate him, could I put a marker on his grave without her permission? Could the court give me the right to do so?

BelizeBreeze

It's worth a try. But then she could also demand it be removed or to move him again.

If you're going to try this, petition the court to demand disclosure by the cemetary of the location and a permanent injunction against the mother from ever moving or destroying the market.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">