• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wild Story

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigerfan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Lot of mistakes I made, but need advice.....

Separated from my wife in July 2006, Divorce was final October 11, 2009

During the time I was separated, I moved a woman in with me. She moved in with me December 2007. We now have a house (leased). We have broken up and she is seeing someone else but still living here until 12/31/09 when the lease expires (It's in both names). She had nothing but her clothes and a TV when she moved in. Now her new boyfriend tells her that she is entitled to half of what I have. My divorce was not final till October 2009. He has also threatened me on the phone. Is she entitled to anything that was mine? What should I do about the threats?

cyjeff

She isn't entitled to squat.

Tell her to either stop listening to her boyfriend for legal advice or to trade up to a smarter class of boyfriend.

tigerfan

Any advice on the threats of violence? What happened was I told her she couldn't use any of my stuff....He threatened to come over and whip some ass...lol

LdiJ

Any advice on the threats of violence? What happened was I told her she couldn't use any of my stuff....He threatened to come over and whip some ass...lol
What do you mean by "can't use any of my stuff"? She is an equal tenant in the house, she has the full use of the house and its facilitites.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">