• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong choice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ohkell1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california
my grandson is in the hospital, hes 3 years old, his parents my daughter and her boyfriend are not together any more they haved lived with me the past year and a half with no support from the father,some how he took my grandson from my daughter, wouldnt give him back, there is no court order. now hes in the hospital, and because of the father telling the hospital staff, my daughters on drugs, they will not let us see him, please help me what should i do?????

LdiJ

my grandson is in the hospital, hes 3 years old, his parents my daughter and her boyfriend are not together any more they haved lived with me the past year and a half with no support from the father,some how he took my grandson from my daughter, wouldnt give him back, there is no court order. now hes in the hospital, and because of the father telling the hospital staff, my daughters on drugs, they will not let us see him, please help me what should i do?????
You shouldn't do anything. Your daughter needs to get her butt to court first thing monday morning to file for custody and perhaps for emergency orders. If you want to do something helpful, help her hire an attorney.

Gracie3787

Is the father's name listed on the BC, and is there a signed acknowledgement of paternity?

Your daughter needs to take a copy of her son's BC to the hospital and ask to speak to the patient advocate (or whatever it's called there) ASAP.

Even if the father's name is on the BC, as long as she can show them the BC they HAVE TO allow her access to her son. if they give her a problem she needs to nicely ask them to show her any court order that prevents her from seeing her son. If they still refuse she needs to go to the hospital administrator right away.

There are only 2 things that would allow the hospital to deny access, one would be proof from DCF that the child is a ward of the court, or some kind of court order that specifically orders your daughter to stay away from her child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">