• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Dates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

COMPANGEL

I live in N.Y., my ex lives in Ohio, and the divorce was granted there. I want to get married again, but when I reveiwed the divorce papers, the dates he gave for our marriage and our daughters date of birth are wrong. Will this affect the validity of the divorce?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

COMPANGEL said:
I live in N.Y., my ex lives in Ohio, and the divorce was granted there. I want to get married again, but when I reveiwed the divorce papers, the dates he gave for our marriage and our daughters date of birth are wrong. Will this affect the validity of the divorce?
My response:

I'd like to say he'll burn in hell for his mistakes; but no, these errors do not affect the fact of your divorce. The court realizes that people don't recall certain specific dates; and this is especially true for men.

Hell, don't you recall all of your birthdays he forgot ?

Sometimes, men suck. Just ask Janny100. https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?threadid=81771

IAAL

Last edited:
G

GaGirl

Well, IAAL, you have succeeded once again in making me laugh my ass off. FYI...I think you misspelled "suck."

:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">