• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong woman's name on my birth certificate.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deeperbro

[email protected]
New Jersey

Like every one else, I have a problem. I recently got a copy of my birth certificate while doing a geneology search. The original I had from the hospital did not have the name of my parents on it. When I got the new birth certificate it had my father's name and that of some other woman. According to my mother, the hospital must have made some mistake and it closed down many years ago. What can I do to get this changed and have my mother's name put onto my birth certificate instead?

Thanks.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

deeperbro said:
[email protected]
New Jersey

Like every one else, I have a problem. I recently got a copy of my birth certificate while doing a geneology search. The original I had from the hospital did not have the name of my parents on it. When I got the new birth certificate it had my father's name and that of some other woman. According to my mother, the hospital must have made some mistake and it closed down many years ago. What can I do to get this changed and have my mother's name put onto my birth certificate instead?

Thanks.
My response:

Well, you found out their "secret" after all of these years. I'll bet you surprised them when you found the "problem". Now what they're telling you is "their" story, and they're "stickin' to it" - - because they have no choice.

Hint: Hospitals don't make such mistakes. They know, and have lots of witnesses, who know from whose body a baby came out of.

"Mother dearest" is yanking your cord, and Dad has to keep quiet.

IAAL

lisaandkids

Actually i have heard of something similar to this. to make a long story short, my mother in law[MIL] (now deceased) had another woman [BM] use her name (both agreed upon) when having a baby. they never checked BM id and they used MIL's state issued medical card which does not have a picture id. The BM ended up leaving the hospital with said child and MIL never heard from her again. This was several years ago....more than 15? I believe it was arizona but could have been anywhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">