• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongly accused!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littleuglything

Could anyone give any advise on restricting orders? My partners brother was seeing a woman for about 6 months, the woman ended the relationship because her and my brother in law had a dissagreement when having a discusion, she didn't agree with what he thought....she got up one day pack her stuff and left, anyway he didn't understand why she suddenly just walked out, so he tried to contact her a few times to try and smoothe things over or at least understand what he had done so wrong, he wasn't obssesive or anything like that, the next thing she has gone and put a restrainning order on him a couple of months ago, now he didn't know what he had done wrong, he had only gone out for a drink in the local town, he bumped into her and she started accusing him of following her and stalking her. ...She is just crazy!!
Anyway through stupidity...like men can be sometimes...about a month later he got really pissed off that some woman was controlling his life and he couldn't even go out for a drink in our local town, so he went out, walked into a bar and unfortunalty she walked in with a friend and accused him of stalking her...again, like she is something special! This is a small area, you are always bound to run in to an ex or somebody you don't want to see, that is the problem with small towns! I can promise you he was not stalking her,it was just really bad timing....
She called the police, he spent the night in jail and the next day was in court, the restrainning order has been increased from 1 year to 18months, and he has to do 60 hours of community service!
Since then he has not gone out for a drink in the local town or gone anywhere near the town.
Yesterday he went shopping in the middle of the afternoon to get some shoes for work, thinking that he would just pop in quickly also it being day time that it shouldn't be a problem...Unfortunately he is not very lucky and just as he was crossing the road to his car he bumped into the woman, she started screaming abuse, he didn't even look at her, he walked way with head down, she followed him up the street screaming abuse then called the police, who 4 of them came to his house at 10am this morning, took him off down to the station and now he has another court case, all for buying a pair of shoes in town!!!
I have known him for over five years, never in all that time have i ever known him to be violent or loud or aggressive, it can be really frustrating as my partner is the same as him, they don't raise there voice for anything! Even when i try and get a good row out of my partner he just turns on his heel and walks away. And his brother is just the same!! I don't know what this woman wants to gain by destroying his job, his life, he has a small boy and which he has weekend visits rights, if his ex wife (they got divorced because she was having an affair..not through his fault) hears about this she will make his life hell, is there anyway of making the judge realise that it is the woman with the problem, she has done this to a previous partner before, she is the one obsessed with him, that he has never done anything at all wrong in his life!! If anyone has any advise that could help or a similar experiance, we would really appreciatate any advise as we are all completely confused and now worried about this woman is destroying his life over nothing!

seniorjudge

Could anyone give any advise on restricting orders? My partners brother was seeing a woman for about 6 months, the woman ended the relationship because her and my brother in law had a dissagreement when having a discusion, she didn't agree with what he thought....she got up one day pack her stuff and left, anyway he didn't understand why she suddenly just walked out, so he tried to contact her a few times to try and smoothe things over or at least understand what he had done so wrong, he wasn't obssesive or anything like that, the next thing she has gone and put a restrainning order on him a couple of months ago, now he didn't know what he had done wrong, he had only gone out for a drink in the local town, he bumped into her and she started accusing him of following her and stalking her. ...She is just crazy!!
Anyway through stupidity...like men can be sometimes...about a month later he got really pissed off that some woman was controlling his life and he couldn't even go out for a drink in our local town, so he went out, walked into a bar and unfortunalty she walked in with a friend and accused him of stalking her...again, like she is something special! This is a small area, you are always bound to run in to an ex or somebody you don't want to see, that is the problem with small towns! I can promise you he was not stalking her,it was just really bad timing....
She called the police, he spent the night in jail and the next day was in court, the restrainning order has been increased from 1 year to 18months, and he has to do 60 hours of community service!
Since then he has not gone out for a drink in the local town or gone anywhere near the town.
Yesterday he went shopping in the middle of the afternoon to get some shoes for work, thinking that he would just pop in quickly also it being day time that it shouldn't be a problem...Unfortunately he is not very lucky and just as he was crossing the road to his car he bumped into the woman, she started screaming abuse, he didn't even look at her, he walked way with head down, she followed him up the street screaming abuse then called the police, who 4 of them came to his house at 10am this morning, took him off down to the station and now he has another court case, all for buying a pair of shoes in town!!!
I have known him for over five years, never in all that time have i ever known him to be violent or loud or aggressive, it can be really frustrating as my partner is the same as him, they don't raise there voice for anything! Even when i try and get a good row out of my partner he just turns on his heel and walks away. And his brother is just the same!! I don't know what this woman wants to gain by destroying his job, his life, he has a small boy and which he has weekend visits rights, if his ex wife (they got divorced because she was having an affair..not through his fault) hears about this she will make his life hell, is there anyway of making the judge realise that it is the woman with the problem, she has done this to a previous partner before, she is the one obsessed with him, that he has never done anything at all wrong in his life!! If anyone has any advise that could help or a similar experiance, we would really appreciatate any advise as we are all completely confused and now worried about this woman is destroying his life over nothing!
US law only!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">