• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Medicine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

allisonpowell69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia- My fiance' went in for a hernia surgery on Feb. 14th 2013. He got through the surgery ok, and they put him on dauladid for pain. The day after his surgery, he bottomed out on the medication and had to be resuscitated. A nurse had told me it was because of too much medication. When that happened, his doctor changed it to morphine, even though it is written everywhere in his file that he is allergic to morphine. When I confronted his dr. about this, she basically told me that it was either give him morphine, or nothing at all. She also told me his sister gave permission to give the morphine to him, but she clearly denies ever doing so. The following day,they had him back on the dauladid, but he did so bad after that ,that we believe he had a small stroke. He is still in the hospital trying to recover after 5 months, and we believe it is because of the bout with the morphine and the overdosing him. What should we do about this, or is it too late?:confused:

Isis1

i suggest your fiance speak to a med mal attorney. there may or may not be a case. a lot would depend on what is in his medical file. and what exactly went down with the sister. does he have a living will?

CJane

He's allergic to morphine? So, what happened when they gave it to him? And why do you "believe" he had a stroke? Has he been evaluated by a neurologist? What is his prognosis? Why is he still in the hospital? Who is making medical decisions on his behalf at this point?

As Isis said, there is nothing YOU can do, as you are not a relative.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">