• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Banned from all methadone clinics in city not given administration detox

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

I am a bit reluctant to post this, because of the social stigma that comes with individuals who use methadone to treat opiates dependency. But something has happened that has the potential to possibly have life altering consequences and I have no idea who to turn to.. this past Friday I went to the methadone clinic that I have been visiting for the better part of the year well 2015 anyways, on the way out I was walking to my car and was nearly struck by a fast moving vehicle who happened to be driven by another patient from the clinic. In total disbelief as well as anger I shouted for him to watch how he's driving. A very brief argument ensued but I quickly walked away being that should a fist fight have taking place I would have been kicked out. I walked away and as I got into the car he was getting something out from his trunk and that something happened to be a fully loaded AK 47 I asked him if he was really going to pull a expletive gun out on me and took off. I called the clinic immediately and advise them as to what happened. I told them that they need to take care of this issue because he is he for the gun up on me again I am going to defend myself. I got home and I'm about 30 minutes later I got a call from my counselor letting me know that me the guy with the gun and the friend in the car with me who actually didn't say or do anything during this incident we're all getting discharged. I was shocked I hadn't even had a chance to tell them what happened but from a few people that were there the witnesses told them basically what I told you guys is that the guy almost hit me and by the brief argument me walking away and him pull in the gun. They weren't letting me explain anything and that the decision was already made.. they told me that the discharge is effective immediately that I was getting kicked out because I made a threat when saying that I would defend myself and that I would not be allowed to have any sort of slow or administrative detox which is usually the routine when you are discharged from the clinic . So I call another methadone clinic to try to get set up because withdrawal from methadone is very very dangerous as well as uncomfortable enough to stop regular activities in one's life for a month, this is work. This is why they do the the the administrative detox it allows you to slowly get the methadone out. I called the next clinic I knew that was accepting people and was told that they heard about what happened and the doctor has decided not to accept me he also informed me that he was the doctor at the only other methadone clinic and that I would not be accepted there either. I am at a total loss for words I am so uncomfortable I am in so much pain my fingers won't allow me to type so I'm using the voice to text from on my phone I don't know what to do are where to turn I don't know if there are any rules or regulations I don't know who to you in contact about those rules and regulations I don't know what to do I mean I don't want to end up a junkie again methadone was my saving grace it saved my life many years ago before methadone I had tried cold turkey detox patient detox at a rehab center I tried meeting I tried religion my mind is defective I guess so medicinal treatment for my dependency with all that had given me a normal life. That is it taken away from me and I'm not scared of the detox I'm getting sick as bad as it is it goes away eventually but I know that at some point in time somewhere down the road probably sooner than later I'm just going to end up back on drugs. And I don't see myself living to A ripe old age as a junkie I have work so hard in conjunction with my methadone treatment to build a normal life for myself and I feel as if it's all about to come down on them and that's the part that scares me to death. Help

quincy

Ah voice to text sucks...I hope you can understand what I wrote I don't got the energy to do it again
Is there any methadone clinic outside your immediate area that you can get to?

edit to add:

I had a chance to look over your posting history on this forum, anthony361. Here is a link to one of several threads you started on methadone. What was provided you in the way of information was good information in 2013 and it remains good information in 2016. Some of it was provided to you by a Texas attorney. Please re-read what was written:

https://forum.freeadvice.com/sentencing-parole-pardons-plea-bargains-29/methadone-while-jail-601486.html

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

It appears you need to try a different method such as cold turkey or regulating the amount of opiates to an increasingly lower amount, if you cannot get another clinic to work with you, when there is a will there is a way.

quincy

Methadone dependency is a crappy way of life. Perhaps it's time for you to get out of it.
anthony361 appears to have had problems with drugs, and the law, since at least since 2005 when he joined the forum. I think he fears withdrawal more than he fears being dependent on drugs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">