• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bedsore

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalese

Which is more important to you? That you take an action that might accomplish something, or that you file a lawsuit?

If there were an action you could take that did not involve suing, but that might accomplish some change, would you do it? Or is it more important that you sue?

Your answer determines what I next advise you to do.
Simply, I want someone to pay for death, getting rid of head of nursing would be a start. We fought with CNA's always about getting back in bed but they always said did not have time or after meal service. A few times a nurse told me " we will get her back in bed after we collect food trays" My mom had been in the wheelchair for 7 hours but not supposed to be longer than 2 hours. The rarely followed their own guidelines. This is the reason bedsore got worse. At the time I did not know dangerous a bedsore could be.

legalese

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Frankly, without some sort of proof that the bedsore actually contributed to her death, you've got a very difficult road ahead of you. That's probably why no attorney will touch this one.

As suggested above, you should explore your options to effect regulatory and/or statutory changes...a lawsuit won't help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Frankly, if you had a strong enough case for a lawsuit to make any difference, you'd have found a lawyer to take the case. A lawsuit is not going to make anyone, even the nursing home, sit up and take notice on the fact pattern you've described. You do not have the power to have anyone fired.

If your desire is to accomplish change, then follow LdiJ's suggestions in post 6 and jal's suggestions in post 22. You can accomplish something, but not if you insist that the only way is through the courts. In this particular instance, a lawsuit will not accomplish what you want. A lawsuit will not create any regulatory changes. Lobbying to change the laws can. Lawsuits do not change or create laws, not at this level.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">