• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bladder,uterus, rectum prolapse, tear urethra and pluera effusion all from delivery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

puplove

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I had a complicated pregnancy while the medical Nurse Practitioners and nurses and MD’s ignore these signs and symptoms lead to induction of my pregnancy at 37 weeks. I was induced on a Tuesday or Wednesday and didn't get to deliver until 422am that Friday morning after prolong labor I was never asked about C-section even though I asked being so exhausted baby was healthy, however MD (doctor) while delivering the placenta pull on the cord to aid in delivery this lead to pelvic organs prolapsed (uterus, bladder and rectum prolapsed). As a nurse my self, we are taught that pulling on the cord to aid in delivery of the placental can cause prolapsed, the use of Pitocin contracts the uterus which aids in placental expulsion. Anyways i also found out that during the deliver i had urethra tear (bladder matus opening where pee come out) which the MD told me "oh we sew it back properly and it looks good". From the time of admission in the hospital i was started on fluids of 125 ml/hr for 8 days total, why i am not sure. But after delivery i noticed that if i slept flat i couldn't breath and feel shortness of breath so i slept the whole time in upright position. None of the nurses or MD's never listened to my lungs or took blood pressure during my stay before discharge and even though my mother and i complained i building fluids in my extremities my face, hands and whole body and i even complain of pressure in my legs from retaining so much fluids. I was told it was normal for new moms to have fluids. My complaints went unheard. My mother being a nurse her self asked the nurse and MD's for Laxis to remove some of the fluids and they refused and i was release out of the hospital retaining fluids. Well 3 day later i came to the ER with a blood pressure of 180-200/100s and on the verge of short down because i was unaware at this time what was happening to me. Chest X-ray shows pleura effusion bilaterally due to fluid over load and at one point in time they thought i have a hemathorax. The ER MD was very angry about how i could have been release home even after my complaints of pressure and fluid retention. I was admitted they wanted to crack my chest to put in chest tube and my mom refuse due to the risk of causing more damage, so i was given IV Laxis the entire time until X-ray shows decrease fluid in pluera space. Well the MD pretty much knew something went wrong ands since this was a Navy hospital i heard rumors from the nurses that i cannot sue the navy hospital since my husband being a navy personal (active) would be in trouble. So i ignore the problem knowing that now sex is very uncomfortable and painful, i live with constant pressure and pain in my abdomen and back, i was advised the GYN/UROLOGIST I saw after delivery that I didn’t have a correct pelvis for delivery and un-top of that my baby was only 5lbs 14 oz very small baby didn’t make sense as to why I have such damage. But the problem is that i am going to need to get a hysterectomy and a bladder tuck due to the prolapsed. It had been two years and i am still wondering if this can still a viable law suit since i have many documentations, witness and pretty much everything i would need to go ahead with this. I am now being disabling due to pelvic abdominal pain and urine incontinence, constipation frequently and being a nurse and working for 12 hours a day is starting to take a tool on my body due to gravity. Can anyone please advise?What is the name of your state?

no way

I had a complicated pregnancy while the medical Nurse Practitioners and nurses and MD’s ignore these signs and symptoms lead to induction of my pregnancy at 37 weeks. what signs and symptoms? why complicated?
I was induced on a Tuesday or Wednesday and didn't get to deliver until 422am that Friday morning after prolong labor I was never asked about C-section even though I asked being so exhausted baby was healthy,
as a nurse, you should know that sometimes deliveries take that long. A c-section is not necessary unless you or the baby are in distress. baby was healthy, very good.
however MD (doctor) while delivering the placenta pull on the cord to aid in delivery this lead to pelvic organs prolapsed (uterus, bladder and rectum prolapsed).
Controlled cord traction is compltely normal and considered acceptable practice. Prolapsed uterus can occur but it is not always the fault of cord pulling.
As a nurse my self, we are taught that pulling on the cord to aid in delivery of the placental can cause prolapsed, the use of Pitocin contracts the uterus which aids in placental expulsion.
this is true but still considered acceptable practice and NOT below the standard of medical care.
Anyways i also found out that during the deliver i had urethra tear (bladder matus opening where pee come out) which the MD told me "oh we sew it back properly and it looks good".
ok
From the time of admission in the hospital i was started on fluids of 125 ml/hr for 8 days total, why i am not sure.
this ensured hydration and fluid volume replcement if you had blood loss. Didnt you say you were a nurse?
But after delivery i noticed that if i slept flat i couldn't breath and feel shortness of breath so i slept the whole time in upright position. None of the nurses or MD's never listened to my lungs or took blood pressure during my stay before discharge and even though my mother and i complained i building fluids in my extremities my face, hands and whole body and i even complain of pressure in my legs from retaining so much fluids. I was told it was normal for new moms to have fluids. My complaints went unheard.
so, if I understand you correctly, NOONE took a vital sign the ENTIRE eight days you were in the hospital. I wonder what their records will show.
My mother being a nurse her self asked the nurse and MD's for Laxis to remove some of the fluids and they refused and i was release out of the hospital retaining fluids. as a nurse, your mother should also know that not all swelling is due to fluid retention!!!!!
Well 3 day later i came to the ER with a blood pressure of 180-200/100s and on the verge of short down because i was unaware at this time what was happening to me. Chest X-ray shows pleura effusion bilaterally due to fluid over load and at one point in time they thought i have a hemathorax.
ok
The ER MD was very angry about how i could have been release home even after my complaints of pressure and fluid retention. I was admitted they wanted to crack my chest to put in chest tube and my mom refuse due to the risk of causing more damage,
this statement makes no sense. The fluid was in your lings, not in the chest cavity. Why would they want a chest tube? it would do no good.
so i was given IV Laxis the entire time until X-ray shows decrease fluid in pluera space. Well the MD pretty much knew something went wrong ands since this was a Navy hospital i heard rumors from the nurses that i cannot sue the navy hospital since my husband being a navy personal (active) would be in trouble. So i ignore the problem knowing that now sex is very uncomfortable and painful, i live with constant pressure and pain in my abdomen and back, i was advised the GYN/UROLOGIST I saw after delivery that I didn’t have a correct pelvis for delivery and un-top of that my baby was only 5lbs 14 oz very small baby didn’t make sense as to why I have such damage.
These statements make no sense.
But the problem is that i am going to need to get a hysterectomy and a bladder tuck due to the prolapsed. It had been two years and i am still wondering if this can still a viable law suit since i have many documentations, witness and pretty much everything i would need to go ahead with this. I
lots of people need bladder tucks after delivery
am now being disabling due to pelvic abdominal pain and urine incontinence, constipation frequently and being a nurse and working for 12 hours a day is starting to take a tool on my body due to gravity. Can anyone please advise?What is the name of your state?[/QUOTE]
since my delivery, I have incontinence and constipation. Noone advised me that I could get on disability for it. Darn it, I want to stop my 12 hour shifts too. I would get a med malpractice attorney to review your case. Personally, I dont see one here. You had complicatins from delivery that many women do ( incontinence, constipation, prolapsed uterus, bladder drop) these things do not entitle you to money. If they did, every woman in america would be rich, me included.

lya

I don't believe a word of it, except that perineal damage occurred during the birthing process and that pleural effusion occurred.

BP is routinely measured.
Lasix is the correct spelling.
Cracking a chest is never done to insert a chest tube.
The list could go on and on...

Consult with a medmal attorney to find out if you can sue the Navy physicians (which you can) and whether or not the statute of limitations has expired (which it probably has).

puplove

yes every word of it well at least if it BP was taken, i was not aware of it but with fluid overload their would have been a high increase in bp. when i said crack chest i mean inserting a chest tube of course i am aware of the location not per say opening the chest :eek: well it ok for you not to believe, but i am currently work on see if an atterney can take the case since other nurses were asking why i didn't sue in the first place.As for my spelling i was typing very fast so sorry for that and yes this happen to me and it ok that you don't believe it i am the living with this and dealing it is my reality not yours :( I check VA has a two year period for injury claim however there were exceptions and i am looking into it.

puplove

I was getting gaining about 3 lbs in two weeks and the ARNP pretty much said to me that i was putting on this weight to get the pregnency look. Prepregnancy weight was 112 so i was gaining weight pretty fast but she said i was looking to get the pregnancy look. When my BP would be taken by aauto BP machine and at one time it was 147/90 she said that this was just from me climbing up the stairs and she redid it manually which when i counted with her she said it was 120/74 but i counted 140s/90s. I was getting frequently headaches that was not going away, seeing stars, baby was no reactive after fetal movement time came so i was at th hospital constantly getting biophysical profile after NST were non reactive. these were and other sign presented by was ignore and dismissed, i change my provider in my 3rd tri or pregnancy and that help but i was at the hospital almost each week for NST and biophysical profile

At the time of delievry i was in nursing school and yes i know it was prolonged and i wanted C section my my cries we unheard, acording to one of the nurses they said that my mother refused theprocedure, well i was 23 this was not my mothers decision it was mine and it was not acknowledge
well the only thing that i can account or the prolapse was prolonged labor and cord traction and yes itcord traction is done incorrectly it can cause demage. Also there was a resident being taught how to deliver plancenta.
Correct fluid can be due to hydrate but not few days after delivery when i was told their was not that much blood loss, plus i was already edamatous hydration could have been acquired by 70ml/hr or less
I remember BP been taken during admission and through the delivery and even at one point i was given antibiotic since my cervix was open for long i spike fever this was after the nurse took few vitals but after delivery i really don't remember if my BP was taken. Let just say that i had pitting edema and i actually told the nurse i skin in my legs felt like they were going to burst and this was ignore as a normal expected finding but i was not this edamatous walking into the hospital that monday morning for my amino. There were fluids in my lungs and in my pluera cavity as well according to what the X ray showed and i also had a CT doe i believe bit i was not up to sense as to what was really done in the ER since i was not really conscious. Bladder tuck after a 5 lb baby and first baby? i have had many women in my family deliver many babies and thier bladder function is not as mess up as my i have to use a pessery( a ring that goes up my vagina to held every thing up and aid with my bladder fx. Well it look like you are pretty much knowlegde in these things. I would take my chance and see what i can find out, you must not know what it feels like to just have for first baby and being told that you have get a hysterectomy and bladder tuck and o yeah there is a chance during surgery for your bladder tuck that some of the risk is demage to the bladder. i am not sure how anyone reading this feels but i am only 24 and about to loose my uterus. :(

I had a complicated pregnancy while the medical Nurse Practitioners and nurses and MD’s ignore these signs and symptoms lead to induction of my pregnancy at 37 weeks. what signs and symptoms? why complicated?
I was induced on a Tuesday or Wednesday and didn't get to deliver until 422am that Friday morning after prolong labor I was never asked about C-section even though I asked being so exhausted baby was healthy,
as a nurse, you should know that sometimes deliveries take that long. A c-section is not necessary unless you or the baby are in distress. baby was healthy, very good.
however MD (doctor) while delivering the placenta pull on the cord to aid in delivery this lead to pelvic organs prolapsed (uterus, bladder and rectum prolapsed).
Controlled cord traction is compltely normal and considered acceptable practice. Prolapsed uterus can occur but it is not always the fault of cord pulling.
As a nurse my self, we are taught that pulling on the cord to aid in delivery of the placental can cause prolapsed, the use of Pitocin contracts the uterus which aids in placental expulsion.
this is true but still considered acceptable practice and NOT below the standard of medical care.
Anyways i also found out that during the deliver i had urethra tear (bladder matus opening where pee come out) which the MD told me "oh we sew it back properly and it looks good".
ok
From the time of admission in the hospital i was started on fluids of 125 ml/hr for 8 days total, why i am not sure.
this ensured hydration and fluid volume replcement if you had blood loss. Didnt you say you were a nurse?
But after delivery i noticed that if i slept flat i couldn't breath and feel shortness of breath so i slept the whole time in upright position. None of the nurses or MD's never listened to my lungs or took blood pressure during my stay before discharge and even though my mother and i complained i building fluids in my extremities my face, hands and whole body and i even complain of pressure in my legs from retaining so much fluids. I was told it was normal for new moms to have fluids. My complaints went unheard.
so, if I understand you correctly, NOONE took a vital sign the ENTIRE eight days you were in the hospital. I wonder what their records will show.
My mother being a nurse her self asked the nurse and MD's for Laxis to remove some of the fluids and they refused and i was release out of the hospital retaining fluids. as a nurse, your mother should also know that not all swelling is due to fluid retention!!!!!
Well 3 day later i came to the ER with a blood pressure of 180-200/100s and on the verge of short down because i was unaware at this time what was happening to me. Chest X-ray shows pleura effusion bilaterally due to fluid over load and at one point in time they thought i have a hemathorax.
ok
The ER MD was very angry about how i could have been release home even after my complaints of pressure and fluid retention. I was admitted they wanted to crack my chest to put in chest tube and my mom refuse due to the risk of causing more damage,
this statement makes no sense. The fluid was in your lings, not in the chest cavity. Why would they want a chest tube? it would do no good.
so i was given IV Laxis the entire time until X-ray shows decrease fluid in pluera space. Well the MD pretty much knew something went wrong ands since this was a Navy hospital i heard rumors from the nurses that i cannot sue the navy hospital since my husband being a navy personal (active) would be in trouble. So i ignore the problem knowing that now sex is very uncomfortable and painful, i live with constant pressure and pain in my abdomen and back, i was advised the GYN/UROLOGIST I saw after delivery that I didn’t have a correct pelvis for delivery and un-top of that my baby was only 5lbs 14 oz very small baby didn’t make sense as to why I have such damage.
These statements make no sense.
But the problem is that i am going to need to get a hysterectomy and a bladder tuck due to the prolapsed. It had been two years and i am still wondering if this can still a viable law suit since i have many documentations, witness and pretty much everything i would need to go ahead with this. I
lots of people need bladder tucks after delivery
am now being disabling due to pelvic abdominal pain and urine incontinence, constipation frequently and being a nurse and working for 12 hours a day is starting to take a tool on my body due to gravity. Can anyone please advise?What is the name of your state?[/QUOTE]
since my delivery, I have incontinence and constipation. Noone advised me that I could get on disability for it. Darn it, I want to stop my 12 hour shifts too. I would get a med malpractice attorney to review your case. Personally, I dont see one here. You had complicatins from delivery that many women do ( incontinence, constipation, prolapsed uterus, bladder drop) these things do not entitle you to money. If they did, every woman in america would be rich, me included.

you think you had it bad?

I went in for the delivery of my first child after MANY miscarriages. I was in labor 13 hours, pushed for 3, no baby. I had asked for a c-section and was denied. They ended up doing a mid-forceps delivery. I began to hemmorage right after delivery. I was sent home from the hospital with a hgb of 4.5 (12-16 normal) and hct of 18. No, that is not a typo. 2 days later, I began to hemmorage and back to the hospital I went for an emergency d and e. Again, no transfusion.
I was so weak for the first 1 1/2 months of my babies life, I could not take care of him. I developed urinary incontinence problems, I cannot wear tampons anymore due to the vaginal muscle damage caused. Am I looking to sue? NO I AM NOT. What happenned to me is rare but it does happen. I cannot sue over retained placenta, hemmorage, bladded problems. Child birth is what it is. It does not always go well.

lya

I was getting gaining about 3 lbs in two weeks and the ARNP pretty much said to me that i was putting on this weight to get the pregnency look. Prepregnancy weight was 112 so i was gaining weight pretty fast but she said i was looking to get the pregnancy look. When my BP would be taken by aauto BP machine and at one time it was 147/90 she said that this was just from me climbing up the stairs and she redid it manually which when i counted with her she said it was 120/74 but i counted 140s/90s. I was getting frequently headaches that was not going away, seeing stars, baby was no reactive after fetal movement time came so i was at th hospital constantly getting biophysical profile after NST were non reactive. these were and other sign presented by was ignore and dismissed, i change my provider in my 3rd tri or pregnancy and that help but i was at the hospital almost each week for NST and biophysical profile

At the time of delievry i was in nursing school and yes i know it was prolonged and i wanted C section my my cries we unheard, acording to one of the nurses they said that my mother refused theprocedure, well i was 23 this was not my mothers decision it was mine and it was not acknowledge
well the only thing that i can account or the prolapse was prolonged labor and cord traction and yes itcord traction is done incorrectly it can cause demage. Also there was a resident being taught how to deliver plancenta.
Correct fluid can be due to hydrate but not few days after delivery when i was told their was not that much blood loss, plus i was already edamatous hydration could have been acquired by 70ml/hr or less
I remember BP been taken during admission and through the delivery and even at one point i was given antibiotic since my cervix was open for long i spike fever this was after the nurse took few vitals but after delivery i really don't remember if my BP was taken. Let just say that i had pitting edema and i actually told the nurse i skin in my legs felt like they were going to burst and this was ignore as a normal expected finding but i was not this edamatous walking into the hospital that monday morning for my amino. There were fluids in my lungs and in my pluera cavity as well according to what the X ray showed and i also had a CT doe i believe bit i was not up to sense as to what was really done in the ER since i was not really conscious. Bladder tuck after a 5 lb baby and first baby? i have had many women in my family deliver many babies and thier bladder function is not as mess up as my i have to use a pessery( a ring that goes up my vagina to held every thing up and aid with my bladder fx. Well it look like you are pretty much knowlegde in these things. I would take my chance and see what i can find out, you must not know what it feels like to just have for first baby and being told that you have get a hysterectomy and bladder tuck and o yeah there is a chance during surgery for your bladder tuck that some of the risk is demage to the bladder. i am not sure how anyone reading this feels but i am only 24 and about to loose my uterus. :(
I just want you to admit that you are not a nurse and neither is your mother.

English may not be your first language but you should be able to write in English even if you cannot pronounce the words. I work with multi-national nurses, all of whom write correct English words and punctuation and medical terms though few can communicate verbally with staff or patients, which is a disaster happening in our healthcare today.

You will not be an effective witness for yourself. You abused the healthcare system with your overuse and your insistence for unnecessary, repetitive testing. No wonder your complaints were ignored; you cried wolf the whole pregnancy.

As for trying to beat the statute of limitations, I see no cause for it to be extended. You knew what happened when it happened, had an idea of how it happened, and chose to do nothing. That is not a valid reason for the law to bend in your favor.

Last edited:

puplove

I just want you to admit that you are not a nurse and neither is your mother.

English may not be your first language but you should be able to write in English even if you cannot pronounce the words. I work with multi-national nurses, all of whom write correct English words and punctuation and medical terms though few can communicate verbally with staff or patients, which is a disaster happening in our healthcare today.

You will not be an effective witness for yourself. You abused the healthcare system with your overuse and your insistence for unnecessary, repetitive testing. No wonder your complaints were ignored; you cried wolf the whole pregnancy.

As for trying to beat the statute of limitations, I see no cause for it to be extended. You knew what happened when it happened, had an idea of how it happened, and chose to do nothing. That is not a valid reason for the law to bend in your favor.
wow you really did get up on the wrong side of the bed, and i am sorry for people around you because you act like you know all. And yes i am what i said i was so i really don't care about your opinion. As for crying wolf, no this all started later on during the pregnancy and you know what i don't need to explain my self to you. So say what floats your boat. As for your assumption, wow you must be very annoying to be around very judgemental and i can feel your bad mood coming out of your words. Wow hope you have a beautiful life because i am sure people around you sure hate you. you got serious issue.

puplove

I went in for the delivery of my first child after MANY miscarriages. I was in labor 13 hours, pushed for 3, no baby. I had asked for a c-section and was denied. They ended up doing a mid-forceps delivery. I began to hemmorage right after delivery. I was sent home from the hospital with a hgb of 4.5 (12-16 normal) and hct of 18. No, that is not a typo. 2 days later, I began to hemmorage and back to the hospital I went for an emergency d and e. Again, no transfusion.
I was so weak for the first 1 1/2 months of my babies life, I could not take care of him. I developed urinary incontinence problems, I cannot wear tampons anymore due to the vaginal muscle damage caused. Am I looking to sue? NO I AM NOT. What happenned to me is rare but it does happen. I cannot sue over retained placenta, hemmorage, bladded problems. Child birth is what it is. It does not always go well.
No i never sued just like you because it was okay since my baby came out healthily. It just that some of us girls were having conversations about the troubles in labor and delivery and they were asking why i never sue, so i was just looking into it. and sorry about your situation and sorry for you loss. In life you never know how blessed you are until someone or something grounds you back. Thanks for sharing your story

lya

wow you really did get up on the wrong side of the bed, and i am sorry for people around you because you act like you know all. And yes i am what i said i was so i really don't care about your opinion. As for crying wolf, no this all started later on during the pregnancy and you know what i don't need to explain my self to you. So say what floats your boat. As for your assumption, wow you must be very annoying to be around very judgemental and i can feel your bad mood coming out of your words. Wow hope you have a beautiful life because i am sure people around you sure hate you. you got serious issue.
Wow, indeed.:eek:

LAWMED

Huh?

Much of your post makes no sense, but here goes.

Relying on what you have said, you relay some symptoms of pre-eclampsia/pregnancy induced nypertension, all of which contribute to fluyid retention.
It is not beleivable that your blood pressure was not taken every shift, much less not taken at all.
You also had a very underweight baby but give no explanation as to why.
You also do not say why you were being induced, which is an odd thing to do at 37 weeks for a small fetus unless there is a pressing medical reason.
Tension applied to the umbilical cord to deliver the placenta did not cause your prolapses. The difficult labor did. Unfortunately this is a known risk. A prolonged difficult labor is not, in and of itself, a reason for a c-section. Once the muscles suspending the uterus and/or vagina and/or bladder are weakened by a difficult vaginal delivery, it is not uncommon to see prolapse of the uterus, bladder and rectum all occuring together. It occurs the majority of the time absent any negligence or malpractice.
You do not say why you have waited 2 years to have the surgical correction you unfortunately need. The incontinence, constipation and abdominal pain are all classic symptoms of the 3 prolapses and weakened abdominal muscles in need of repair.
To prove negligence according to the facts you present will be very difficult.
Virginia statute of limitations does not apply. Federal law governs military hospitals regardless of location and the statute of limitations is 2 years for malpractice in a military hospital.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">