• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bunion Surgery Botched!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

littlebit67

Lawyer

Yes, the lawyer I am talking to has NO experience yet of a malpractice case. Yes, I am somewhat concerned but one has to start somewhere. He is consulting with another firm on my case so I don't have bumbling idiots working for me. I know better than that!

las365

In my opinion as someone who has worked for many years in the legal field including on medical malpractice cases, any lawyer who would tell a client to secretly tape record a doctor to try to get an inadmissible recording thinking he could utilize it to coerce a settlement IS a bumbling idiot.

littlebit67

Changing lawyers

Well the question now is if I do decide to change lawyers I will have to pay him for whatever services he has done.

ecmst12

Why on earth would you sign a contract with an attorney who has no experience with malpractice cases?

Either way, it would probably be worth whatever you'd have to pay to get a lawyer who knows WTF he's doing.

lealea1005

Well the question now is if I do decide to change lawyers I will have to pay him for whatever services he has done.

Well, he provided you with a service and deserves to be paid. He was honest with you from the get-go, and told you he had no med/mal experience. It was your choice to let him continue with him despite his inexperience.

Last edited:

lealea1005

Well, he provided you with a service and deserves to be paid. He was honest with you from the get-go, and told you he had no med/mal experience. You chose to stay with him despite his inexperience.

msparatype

Msparatype

I just had the same surgery - botched!! Mine was performed at the VA Medical Center. They kept me in a cast for 8 weeks and a boot for 8 more weeks. I never healed. The surgeon said to me, "We performed the wrong procedure. Basically, we did not do our jobs." The surgery basically left me a cripple so I went in for a second surgery performed by a different surgeon at a "civilian" facility. i was told it may or may not take away my pain. All the wsay up until the first surgery I was walking 6 miles per day. Afterwards i could not stand for more than 5 minutes at a time. I have called three attorneys and not one of them would take the case, I guess because it is against the government.

I am 53 years old.

We both have a case. We just need to find out how to bring it. Let's share ideas and information, okay?

ecmst12

VA medical centers have governmental immunity.

You should start your own thread, rather then hijacking a dead one, if you have a question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">