• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

c.n.p. possibly lying leading to unness. surgery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Birdcrazy

Michigan

We knew that my husband had a misplaced kidney too low. He developed a bad pain in his lower left abdomen. We went to his urologist. The nurse practitioner said his kidney was there. Web belived her because the urologist has his records. She decided to do a cat scan. After that was finished she said she didn't see the kidney well but she suspected a blockage and wanted to do a scope. Before the scope the doctor (not the nurse) said he wasn't sure why he was doing this because the pain didn't sound like kidney pain and the cat scan was fine. He did the scope and said the kidneys we're not only fine but the misplaced kidney was on the right, not left.

He had an easily preventable surgery, what do we do? Im not sure this is a case.

justalayman

We went to his urologist. The nurse practitioner said his kidney was there. Web belived her because the urologist has his records.
so, do the records the NP read say the kidney was where she said it was or did the NP give information that is not contained in the records or did the NP give information that was in contrast to what was stated in the records?

and what doctor was doing the scope?

FlyingRon

There's information missing here. What did the radiologist report say? While they may send a copy of the scans along to the ordering CNP, CNPs do not evaluate them.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I am frequently astonished by the number of times a poster will assume that someone is lying; that any perception different from their own must be a deliberate falsehood. They never assume that anyone misspoke, or made an error, or holds a differing opinion, or was looking from a different angle/in a different light and thus saw something different. No, someone said something that does not agree with what I said/saw/believe and therefore, the only possible answer is that they are lying. Deliberately. And in most cases maliciously.

Uh-huh.

Birdcrazy

The nurse at least misspoke but she should have known the kidney wasn't there where the pain was. My husband had a surgery on his kidneys by that doctor before, at that time he really had a blockage, so there should have been documentation on where the kidney was. The origin of the pain is still unknown. The point is the nurse got facts wrong. But a couple of people told us already he has no case. I think we will just avoid that office.

justalayman

EVEN IF you had a case, the damages are so minimal this would be an "out of (your) pocket" to pay the lawyer suit. It would cost many many thousands of dollars to fight the case with the possibility of winning very little.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">