• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my dentist?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nishu84

What is the name of your state? tx

Well...I went in to get a few cavities filled ....My dentist filled 3 out of 4 successfully and when she was working on the fourth one I guess she went too deep and hit the pulp .....it felt like I got electrocuted.....after that happened she said I might need a root canal.....is that her fault .....I dont know...she mentioned that I had too much decay and that she had to go deep but she hadn't warned me of this before I got electrocuted....

The problem is that I had to leave the country in a coupla days and wouldn't be back for 4 months. So she suggested that she add in a temporary filling with some pellets hoping that when I come back in four months she'd be able to fill it (I guess she was waiting for dentine to regenerate). After this visit I wasn'y able to chew anything on the right side of my mouth..eating food had changed for me. Now it looks like the filling is almost out....I have had severe pain in my mouth ever since**************

so anyone thinks I can sue my dentist?

lealea1005

Well...I went in to get a few cavities filled ....My dentist filled 3 out of 4 successfully and when she was working on the fourth one I guess she went too deep and hit the pulp .....it felt like I got electrocuted.....after that happened she said I might need a root canal.....is that her fault .....I dont know...she mentioned that I had too much decay and that she had to go deep but she hadn't warned me of this before I got electrocuted....

The problem is that I had to leave the country in a coupla days and wouldn't be back for 4 months. So she suggested that she add in a temporary filling with some pellets hoping that when I come back in four months she'd be able to fill it (I guess she was waiting for dentine to regenerate). After this visit I wasn'y able to chew anything on the right side of my mouth..eating food had changed for me. Now it looks like the filling is almost out....I have had severe pain in my mouth ever since**************

Sue for what? The advanced decay probably contributed to it's crumbling and exposing the root.

momm2500

you had severe decay and the dentist tried to drill the tooth out to put a new filling. well the decay was so bad it was near the pulp of the tooth. yes it will be painful. with the decay that far down, your best bet is to see an endodontist (all they do are root canals). can the tooth treated before you go away. it will not hold up for 4 months. you can sue your dentist for anything you want; but in this case they are practicing dentistry and your just upset that it is going to cost you money now and you are in pain. get the tooth fixed and go away for 4 months.

no you will not win

barry1817

dental

It might have been nice for your dentist to inform you in advance, but decay in the tooth is normally much greater than what shows on the x-ray, and all decay must be removed prior to filling. If the decay is into the nerve chamber, that would involved the root canal to keep the tooth. It seems from what you said, that this is the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">