• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cannot work due to illness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pearlgem

I have a staph infection that I finally got diagnosed on Jan 31. I have had this problem since before Thanksgiving. I have seen 3 Docs and none had diagnosed the problem as staph, they kept saying it was my Hep C that was the cause. I finally went to a different E.R. in another town and they found the problem right away. I was in the hospital for 7 day cause they first needed to clean out infected areas on both hands and put me on an I.V. antibiotic drip and did a graph on my left hand on the 6th day. I am home for 5 days for the graph to heal. My question is,

Can I get some sort of compensation for work loss and medical bills, especially what I had paid them.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Are you asking if there is someone you can sue, or are you asking if there are disability benefits available to you? If the first, no. If the second, you will need to post your state (which you should have done anyway; see the big blue requirement directly about the message window) before anyone can tell you.

pearlgem

compensation

sorry for late response...

it was to sue,

why could i not get some sort of compensation from these Dr.'s that were treating me for the wrong thing....if i kept doing what they wanted i could have died?

thanks for your reply....

rmet4nzkx

What is your state?
What type of work do you do?
How long have you had Hep C?
Did you have Staph or MRSA?
Are you on or trying to get on disability?

pearlgem

South Texas
I have known about my Hep C for 9 years now.
It is Staph, not MRSA
Not trying for disablility.

I am a computer tech which I get paid by what I repair. I also work part time in a convienient store.

I have worked at this store before for about 8 months and never had a problem.. but i'm not sure where i got this Staph from.

I just want to let them know (docs) that this sort of treatment cannot be allowed, there is no telling how many others are getting the same treatment. Of course some sort of compensation for the work I've lost , which has put me behind on some bills, plus the medical bills would be nice, my husband has good insurance but still, it seems like I am letting them treat me anyway they please as long as they get paid.

I'm not out to get millions....

Let me ask you this, what can I do to get thier attention so they do not go on treating people this way without going "public" so to speak.

I appreciate your time and thoughts

Thanks
Lida

panzertanker

pearlgem said:
South Texas
I have known about my Hep C for 9 years now.
It is Staph, not MRSA
MRSA is staph:
Methicillin
Resistant
Staph
Aureus

pearlgem said:
Not trying for disablility.
OK

pearlgem said:
I am a computer tech which I get paid by what I repair. I also work part time in a convienient store.
Really has no bearing on your question.

pearlgem said:
I have worked at this store before for about 8 months and never had a problem.. but i'm not sure where i got this Staph from.
You have a thought that you may have contracted it from the store?

pearlgem said:
I just want to let them know (docs) that this sort of treatment cannot be allowed, there is no telling how many others are getting the same treatment.
What "treatment"?
You have not provided enough information to judge if you were treated inappropriately, but I do not see how you were treated incorrectly based on your post thus far...
pearlgem said:
Of course some sort of compensation for the work I've lost , which has put me behind on some bills, plus the medical bills would be nice, my husband has good insurance but still, it seems like I am letting them treat me anyway they please as long as they get paid.
Again, how were you mistreated?
I guess I am missing your point.

pearlgem said:
I'm not out to get millions....
But based on your post, you ARE trying to get paid...For what, I do not understand.

pearlgem said:
Let me ask you this, what can I do to get thier attention so they do not go on treating people this way without going "public" so to speak.

I appreciate your time and thoughts

Thanks
Lida
Clarify what was done wrong, how it negatively affected you, and how you have met standards for malpractice.

You had an infection.
You had it looked at and were treated for your chronic Hep C problem (which can cause many problems just like the one you have described here.)
It was eventually found that you had a staph infection (unknown how long you have had it, but you went through a skin graft...)
I do not see how you were "wronged" based on your post.
(were all of your "doctor" visits to an ER?)

ellencee

pearlgem said:
I have a staph infection that I finally got diagnosed on Jan 31. I have had this problem since before Thanksgiving. I have seen 3 Docs and none had diagnosed the problem as staph, they kept saying it was my Hep C that was the cause. I finally went to a different E.R. in another town and they found the problem right away. I was in the hospital for 7 day cause they first needed to clean out infected areas on both hands and put me on an I.V. antibiotic drip and did a graph on my left hand on the 6th day. I am home for 5 days for the graph to heal. My question is,

Can I get some sort of compensation for work loss and medical bills, especially what I had paid them.
During Thanksgiving 2005 and because you have Hepatitis C, you began showing signs and symptoms of a chronic infection. You didn't like hearing that hepatitis was actually affecting your hands, so you went to Dr. #2. Not hearing anything different, you went to Dr. #3. Finally, when you could no longer deny you needed some serious help and needed help immediately, you went to the Emergency Department of a hospital in another city and presented them with rotting hands to save.

To answer your question about some sort of compensation: I do not anticipate any finding of a meritorious claim of malpractice in the events as you described.

That's my answer and my answer will not change.

Take care of your health,
EC

pearlgem

guess that answers some of my question....thank you for your time. i do appreciate it....

have a good one

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">