• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing service dates/making up dates by dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

annacartier

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have been to this dentist that is making up dates of service to cover his behind and also making up periocharting results when the charting never happened. Is this considered fraud? Can I report it to the police and take legal actions against this dentist?

barry1817

dental malpractice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have been to this dentist that is making up dates of service to cover his behind and also making up periocharting results when the charting never happened. Is this considered fraud? Can I report it to the police and take legal actions against this dentist?
Placing the wrong date on treatment is very problematic. The problem is how you go about proving what he wrote is different than what is actual.

Making up perio charting results is malpractice.

I think that you should contact your state dental board, discss the issue and pending on what they say, file the complaint detailing the problems you have mentioned here.

The situation is such that if a dentist is changing dates for you, he is probably is doing it for/to others as well.

The value of making the complaint to the dental board is you are out of the loop of the legal system, and while you may have a basis for malpractice for perio and other issues, the damages may be such that no lawyer would take the case, but having the state deal with the issue means you don't need a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">