• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the clinic said my bill was underpaid but I don't think so.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I don't know what you mean by a "body check", but a routine physical and blood work on a youngish asymptomatic person is completely useless (multiple studies).

Just ignore the extra bill. A $78 debt isn't going to ruin your credit.

ecmst12

But they have something you want - the report which you seem to need for a job. You won't get it unless you pay what they say you owe. So you really don't have much choice. You could always pay the bill, get the report, and then sue them in small claims court for the difference. But I don't think you have enough evidence to prevail there.

I missed the part where the OP needs a medical clearance for a job. But even so, I would pay $200 for the separate evaluation and then dispute the charges with the original doctor/clinic. A report to the medical board for withholding records would be a start.

Fionaxxie

But they have something you want - the report which you seem to need for a job. You won't get it unless you pay what they say you owe. So you really don't have much choice. You could always pay the bill, get the report, and then sue them in small claims court for the difference. But I don't think you have enough evidence to prevail there.
Thank you so much for your advice. I have the voice msg they admitted their mistake, and the msg they threatened me, a summarized receipt for $318, and the itemized statement they sent afterward. I am ready to file complaints to begin with. where I should file complaints?

Thanks again.

Fionaxxie

I missed the part where the OP needs a medical clearance for a job. But even so, I would pay $200 for the separate evaluation and then dispute the charges with the original doctor/clinic. A report to the medical board for withholding records would be a start.
Thanks for letting me know there is a medical board I can seek help from. This clinic is really driving me nut. I actually tried to negotiated down to half of the balance. I am just a poor student! But they were so rude. Whenever I tried to say sth, they just said :" don't argue with me, you have to pay, or we will go through collections." Over all the conversations, they have not even apologized for the mistakes and the hassle they brought to me. All is money, money, money, and money.

ecmst12

A form or report for a job (or a sports team or anything of that nature) is not a medical record in the sense that they have to give it to you under HIPAA. It's something extra that you are asking them to do for you, and they don't have to do it especially if you don't pay your bill.

OLS

Just pay the 72 and get over with it. It'll be a waste of time and money if you go any further. But definitely do write a letter to the higher authorities, and make sure you e-mail it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">