• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Compliance drug urinalysis

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pacer41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

OHIO

My doctor prescribes Ritalin for treatment of my Adult ADD. Effective last year, I have to have an annual drug screening urinalysis to make sure I'm taking my meds apparently and not selling them--? I was told this was a result of some new DEA law--but I have been all over the internet and can find no such statute. Can anyone point me to the legislative bill number so that I can read it in it's entirety? My doctor's office could not provide this to me. I am being billed $229 for this which I feel is ludicrous.

Any help is appreciated.:eek:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

OHIO

My doctor prescribes Ritalin for treatment of my Adult ADD. Effective last year, I have to have an annual drug screening urinalysis to make sure I'm taking my meds apparently and not selling them--? I was told this was a result of some new DEA law--but I have been all over the internet and can find no such statute. Can anyone point me to the legislative bill number so that I can read it in it's entirety? My doctor's office could not provide this to me. I am being billed $229 for this which I feel is ludicrous.

Any help is appreciated.:eek:
Law or not - if you don't do it, you'll probably need to find a new doc.

single317dad

Not a federal program.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/faq/rx_monitor.htm

State: Ohio

Title: Executive Director

Agency: Board of Pharmacy

Address: 77 S. High Street, Room 1702

City: Columbus

State: OH

Zip: 43215

Phone: 614 466 4143

Fax: 614 752 4836

Email:[email protected]

:

Title: Assistant Executive Director

:

Title: PMP Director

Anecdotally, I can say that my son's mom was kicked off of Medicaid temporarily and her primary physician refused to continue treatment because she "failed" (didn't test positive for) drugs he was prescribing to her. This is of course hearsay from her to me to you.

Pacer41

Thanks for your CONSTUCTIVE HELP!

:)
Not a federal program.

http://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/faq/rx_monitor.htm

Title: Executive Director

:

Title: Assistant Executive Director

:

Title: PMP Director

Anecdotally, I can say that my son's mom was kicked off of Medicaid temporarily and her primary physician refused to continue treatment because she "failed" (didn't test positive for) drugs he was prescribing to her. This is of course hearsay from her to me to you.

Thanks for your helpful information. I can understand the need to find out whether patients are taking their meds vs selling, but legally I don't see how the patient can be forced to pay something not covered by their insurance especially when the testing proves compliance.

Pacer41

:)

Thanks for your helpful information. I can understand the need to find out whether patients are taking their meds vs selling, but legally I don't see how the patient can be forced to pay something not covered by their insurance especially when the testing proves compliance.
That's my position totally. I'm an author so I pay for my own independent insurance policy. Even if I had MET my deductible, my carrier does not cover this type of expense because it is not considered "preventative" or "diagnostic" or "treatment related." Since I am over 55 years of age, and on a fixed income, I am trying to see how I might seek some answers to this as I have no intention of paying.

Silverplum

That's my position totally. I'm an author so I pay for my own independent insurance policy. Even if I had MET my deductible, my carrier does not cover this type of expense because it is not considered "preventative" or "diagnostic" or "treatment related." Since I am over 55 years of age, and on a fixed income, I am trying to see how I might seek some answers to this as I have no intention of paying.
We'll see how it goes, shall we?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What law do you believe exists that says you cannot be required to take any test unless your insurance will pay for it?

What law do you believe exists that says you cannot be required to take any test unless your insurance will pay for it?
He doesn't.

What the OP is asking IS there a law ?? that says you cannot be required to take any test unless your insurance will pay for it?

Though many fine answers were given,
it would taken a lot less bandwidth to say,
no, there is no law.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
He doesn't.

What the OP is asking IS there a law ?? that says you cannot be required to take any test unless your insurance will pay for it?

Though many fine answers were given,
it would taken a lot less bandwidth to say,
no, there is no law.
Sure - but then the OP will come back and say "but...but...but...". Some of us prefer to get the buts taken care of at the same time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">