• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is this considered malpractice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crash24614

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I was diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia in January 2013. I was given Tegretol for it's treatment. I was still having horrible breakthrough pain and had to make three ER visits before the issue was addressed. I do not have insurance and all of these visits were made on the weekend when my normal doctor isn't in her office. I take Celexa 20mg once a day. I was given an IV of Nubain for the pain twice. The third ER doctor told me that the combination of Celexa and Nubain was not a good combination and I quote "dodged a bullet" with those drugs together in my system. I had to back a fourth time and the ER doctor who gave me the Nubain, gave me Ultram. Ever since I started the Ultram I have been having seizures. I have no history of seizures but these are so bad that I have fallen and hit my head at least ten times in a span of three days. I have not been able to work. I am currently waiting on an appointment with a neurologist to find out what may be causing these. Apparently the combination of Celexa and Ultram is a big no-no as is the combination of Tegretol and Ultram. These drugs together can cause severe interactions including but not limited to seizures. I was wondering if I have any legal recourse because the doctor should have known not to give me these drugs together. My PCP told me stop taking the Ultram for the breakthrough pain and was surprised that any doctor would even give me that considering I'm on the Celexa and the Tegretol. The Tegretol was originally intended for the trigeminal neuralgia but now it's primary use is for my seizures that I never had before. I've made at least three more visits to the ER because of violent seizures that cause me to choke on my own vomit. What can I or should I do legally speaking?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">