• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Crown redone twice and now requires a root canal- what are my legal options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andrealee22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

In March of 2014 I had crown done on a tooth. Six months later, while having my dental cleaning, the hygienist noticed something wrong with the crown while examining the xrays. It looked like a huge gap between my gum and the crown. the dentist apologized and redid the crown as well as a filling I needed. The filling caused me so much pain I went back to the dentist and after two visits to an endodontist, a root canal was performed. At that point I found a new dentist to do the crown that the tooth with the root canal now needed. He performed the crown without issue but while examining my xrays told me crown that the first dentist did (twice!) would again need to be redone. This time the xrays showed that the tooth edge and crown edge did not align. My old dentist refused a refund and wanted to re-do the crown for a third time. Apparently he did not charge me out of pocket (the first time) for what the insurance did not cover. I don't see why he wouldn't but that is what the office lady told me. So I agreed to let him do it for a third time because I didn't have the money to have my new dentist do it even if I was refunded the portion the insurance paid. Shockingly enough my tooth now needs a root canal. It hurt from the moment the numbness wore off after the temp was put on my poor traumatized tooth. I now have a temporary crown and need a root canal and still need a permanent crown put on the tooth. What are my options?

adjusterjack

Get the root canal.

What you've been through is unfortunate but your dentist has made good on all the issues.

A root canal is generally not necessary for a crown and is not automatically done unless there is a problem at the time.

Had you needed a root canal then you (or insurance) would have paid for it anyway so you aren't losing any money by getting it now.

I don't think there is any legal issue here but you are welcome to consult a malpractice attorney if you like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">