• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Crown - No results since Sept 2007

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ncodedcode

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi,
I would really appreciate if anyone can offer any advice to me. This all started with one of my pre-molar tooth becoming sensitive. I went to a dentist on my insurance list who could fit me in asap. The dentist diagnosed it as a nerve problem and did the root canal the same day. He said I would have to get a crown fitted on it too. I asked for a cost estimate and a timeline since my insurance was in November. They said the whole procedure will take 3 weeks at the most. So I got a temp crown fitted on Oct 2nd 2007. 1 month after that, I start calling them to get my permanent crown fitted. They say the lab hasnt replied back yet. Then they call me after few weeks saying the lab sent the crown but they never got it - their claim is that its lost in the mail. So I get another set of measurements taken. Then my temp crown breaks after a few days so I go in and get the temp crown fitted back in. They call me back after some days and say the new crown is in and they want to fit it on. They try fitting it and the crown doesnt fit. So I get my old tooth drilled more and another set of measurements taken. Now come end of December and my temp crown actually chips and comes lose. I have been trying to get in touch with the doctor's office and they are closed for 1 week. I have already paid the whole balance at the start of the treatment and I am appalled at the level of service they have provided. They dont follow up, I have to!
Please advice if I can get my money back from them for this horrible service.
Amey K.

barry1817

dental problem

Hi,
I would really appreciate if anyone can offer any advice to me. This all started with one of my pre-molar tooth becoming sensitive. I went to a dentist on my insurance list who could fit me in asap. The dentist diagnosed it as a nerve problem and did the root canal the same day. He said I would have to get a crown fitted on it too. I asked for a cost estimate and a timeline since my insurance was in November. They said the whole procedure will take 3 weeks at the most. So I got a temp crown fitted on Oct 2nd 2007. 1 month after that, I start calling them to get my permanent crown fitted. They say the lab hasnt replied back yet. Then they call me after few weeks saying the lab sent the crown but they never got it - their claim is that its lost in the mail. So I get another set of measurements taken. Then my temp crown breaks after a few days so I go in and get the temp crown fitted back in. They call me back after some days and say the new crown is in and they want to fit it on. They try fitting it and the crown doesnt fit. So I get my old tooth drilled more and another set of measurements taken. Now come end of December and my temp crown actually chips and comes lose. I have been trying to get in touch with the doctor's office and they are closed for 1 week. I have already paid the whole balance at the start of the treatment and I am appalled at the level of service they have provided. They dont follow up, I have to!
Please advice if I can get my money back from them for this horrible service.
Amey K.
Sometimes for a number of reasons crowns do not fit and have to be remade. I am surprised at where the lab is that it isn't local, but that isn't relevant.

I would suggest that you have them cement the crown when it is finished, then have an independent dentist, or dental school evaluate that the crown is clinically acceptible. If it isn't then you would have a case for having the money back and being redone.

I know that it is frustrating.

But by the time you get this post, the treatment should be complete.

And since you are concerned, you might also want to have the independent dentist check the root canal as well.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">