• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Drama: Do I have a case? (CEREC)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JanisJoplin

Lya -

Don't you think it would be at least inconvenient for him to have to deal with any escalation? I don't know if you've dealt with anything like this but it was hugely inconvenient for me when my dog bit a guy who tried to grabbed her face from behind (very long story). They guy got a tiny cut on his hand and got $2500. I had paperwork and time dealing with the insurance company. My homeowners insurance company wasn't remotely interested in right or wrong. They wanted to settle the case and told me that I would have to get rid of my dog if she bit anyone else ever again. When I filed a complaint against a contractor with the Board of Consumer Affairs after trying to deal with the contractor for a year, the case was solved within a month. I don't imagine it was enjoyable for the contractor. All this stuff takes time away from work and from life. In addition, it goes into the public record and gets posted on the website (at least for some states).

If I had delusions of grandeur, of six figure settlements, of what you seem to be implying, I wouldn't have started by posting here. My post here was for the primary purpose of getting some advice and brainstorming about how I could create some leverage for settling this long standing issue. I always feel that one should negotiate with compassion from a position of power whenever possible.

Anyway, I thought I was following the spirit of your advice and attempting to stop the escalation and to resolve this. I guess we disagree if you think I couldn't find someone looking to make a quick buck with this lawsuit. I hope it doesn't have to get to that point.

Last edited:

lya

Janis,
No; I don't think you will be able to upset him. I think you are headed for disaster and I'm only trying to warn you of what I perceive to be impending peril ahead for you.

I hope you will consult with an attorney about the suit that has been filed against you.

Whether or not you have a medmal claim that an attorney will be interested in taking on is very "iffy". The claim is not worth enough (in dollars) to finance a medmal lawsuit.

You really don't want to have to pay this dentist for your having created a website for the sole purpose of causing him harm. Please, consult with an attorney about the lawsuit filed against you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">