• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dental used wrong procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bvdairy

What is the name of your state? I live in Nebraska --the procedure done in South Dakota

A dentist was to perform my first root canal. In this procedure, they grind out the nerves in the tooth and then rinse this hole with a clorox solution (sodium Hypochlorite). He was suppose to use a special syringe end for this rinsing, but took a shortcut and used a sharp needle that he drew out the solution with. In the process of rinsing the tooth, he injected me with the clorox solution. I could feel a severe burning in my cheek and got very sick and nauseated. After telling him three times that something was wrong, he finally stopped the rinsing and looked at me. My cheek was all bruised and swelling and he told me I was grey looking. He had to stop the root canal and sent me home. By that evening my cheek had swelled up to the size of a baseball and the bruising was throughout my cheek and down into my neck. I am wondering how long I have to file a lawsuit on a dental procedure that was done in South Dakota. I live in Nebraska. This was pure negligence on his part.

ellencee

bvdairy
The dentist was indeed negligent and you did suffer minor injuries and the latter becomes a problem in filing a lawsuit. There is no significant damage and no damage that would pay the expense of a lawsuit, the attorney's fees, or compensate you for your pain and suffering.

I don't think you will have any difficulty in getting the dentist to drop any fee that you were charged for the root canal. I highly doubt you can expect the dentist to pay for the completion of the root canal and crown.

You can file a complaint with the state's board of dentistry, but most likely the complaint will go in the trash and no action will be taken.

Call a medmal attorney in the area where the dentist practices and ask about the statute of limitations and about your claim. I believe you will find that a lawsuit is not an option; check it out to be sure.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">