• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist company lab lost crown

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bethybug

(Georgia) I went to get a crown but the crown was lost. They said the lab sent it to the wrong office and it was put on someone else. The temporary broke and had to be replaced in the meantime. I was unable to chew on that side for several weeks and sensitivity to cold and hot. I had to have the temporary removed to make a 2nd impression. There is a nerve exposed and this was very painful. I finally have the crown on but still have sensitivity to mostly cold and unable to fully chew on that side still. This is 2 weeks later. Without my asking they took 400 of the 994 bill off as they realized this was a serious error. Should I be paying for anything? I still have a problem. They told me it might resolve and that the nerve was firing up but to call back every few days.

racer72

It can take a month or two for sensitivity to subside. Go see the dentist if you are still having problems in a month or two. You got a discount crown, you should pay for that.

bethybug

It can take a month or two for sensitivity to subside. Go see the dentist if you are still having problems in a month or two. You got a discount crown, you should pay for that.
It sounds like you are experienced in this...I am not. I had not been told it would take that long on the sensitivity. I was seriously asking for advice and not trying to get a freebie but was thinking I might need further dental work on this which I cannot afford. I see you do not answer messages.....thanks for doing your job, I appreciate the advice.

Gail in Georgia

For what it's worth...I had a temporary for a crown also and yes, this area can be sensitive for quite a while, even after the permanent crown is placed. Perhaps it's because the entire process of the root canal AND the crown was quite expensive that I am very sensitive in even chewing on that side.

And temporary crowns can also break; I was told if mine did while I was waiting for the permanent crown to simply come back for another temporary.

Gail

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">