• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist Filed Down My Teeth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zealot777

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?California

Every time I post a thread here, nothing shows up so I am forced to edit and re-post. Why is this?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California.
I went to a Western Dental office specifically for treatment of cavities and later for braces. When I was being treated for braces, I believe the dentist took it upon himself without even informing me, to file down my two front upper teeth. When I asked Western Dental about this, they claimed to have no record of it. But is this not a convenient ploy to escape culpability? They cannot claim that since I consented to treatment, they are not responsible, because I only consented to treatment for the cavities, not cosmetics. What are my rights? Please, only serious and knowledgeable people reply.

Last edited:

ecmst12

You should have posted this in your first thread.

Don't use the preview button, it is broken.

How do you know that your teeth were filed down? Where were they filed? What is your objection to it?

justalayman

Ok, it would appear there is no record of the treatment so that would mean you weren't charged, right?

Is there an issue with the services provided? I mean, unless there is a problem, why would somebody have a problem with getting free services?

zealot777

You should have posted this in your first thread.

Don't use the preview button, it is broken.

How do you know that your teeth were filed down? Where were they filed? What is your objection to it?
I DID post this in my first thread. But every time I submit the new thread, nothing is there so I am forced to edit. I remember the dentist filing down my teeth. What difference does it make where they were filed? My objection is that I never agreed to receive cosmetic treatment from this facility. I only consented to the treatment of the cavities.

zealot777

Ok, it would appear there is no record of the treatment so that would mean you weren't charged, right?

Is there an issue with the services provided? I mean, unless there is a problem, why would somebody have a problem with getting free services?
I WAS charged. They conveniently have no record of my teeth being filed down, only that I was treated for cavities. I think they are trying to cover this up. Where did you get the impression that this service was free?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I WAS charged. They conveniently have no record of my teeth being filed down, only that I was treated for cavities. I think they are trying to cover this up. Where did you get the impression that this service was free?
You're a peach, aren't you? :rolleyes:

zealot777

Imagine you go yo the doctor for treatment of a broken arm. The doctor decides to remove your nose. But hey, it's free! What are you complaining about? He did this all for free!

By the way, I am not 100% certain the teeth were filed. But I have a good memory of it. But this is beside the point. I am speaking hypothetically. If this did in fact occur, I am interested in what my rights are.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would suggest you consult with an attorney. They get paid to put up with the attitude.

Good day.

ecmst12

Do your teeth look any different?

Filing is part of the process of doing a filling, they need to smooth it out and make sure that your bite is correct.

Why are you continually looking for ways to get money out of this office which did not actually damage you one little bit?

Hot Topic

By the way, I am not 100% certain the teeth were filed. But I have a good memory of it. But this is beside the point. I am speaking hypothetically. If this did in fact occur, I am interested in what my rights are.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. You managed to make yourself look like a total fool in the space of five sententences.

justalayman

maybe because you said there was no record of the services. If they charged you, there is a record of the services.

So, what was the question?

justalayman

By the way, I am not 100% certain the teeth were filed. But I have a good memory of it. But this is beside the point. I am speaking hypothetically. If this did in fact occur, I am interested in what my rights are.

Oh Hell no.

First you say they were filed and there was no record of it. Then you said you were charged so there is a record of it. Now you say you aren't sure they were filed but somehow you have a good memory of it.

then you say this is a hypothetical.

take your troll a** somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">