• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dentist malpractice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dtuset

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I had an infected tooth. I went into the dentist, wasn't able to see one I know, she took an X-ray and said it had to be extracted. Shot me up with four doses of novacaine. Didn't numb me. Half hour later I got four more doses of novacaine. Then she started. First off, with each novacaine injection it hurt terribly. Then as she worked on the tooth I was in incredible pain. I had a death grip on the chair and had my legs up to my chest. After breaking the tooth a few times she finally got it out. By that time I was about screaming in pain. She prescribed penicillin and pain pills afterward. I have read that novacaine doesn't work if their is an infection. I'm wondering if she did the right thing or if she should have prescribed the penicillin first and waited until the infection was gone. It was the worst experience of my entire life.

FlyingRon

Extractions can be involved and so are local anesthetic administrations. Could she have stopped and administered more? Sure. However, it appears to be water under the bridge. You have no lasting damage. There's nothing to recover in a malpractice case even if it was shown to be negligent on the provider's part (which is far from apparent).

Dtuset

Thank you

Extractions can be involved and so are local anesthetic administrations. Could she have stopped and administered more? Sure. However, it appears to be water under the bridge. You have no lasting damage. There's nothing to recover in a malpractice case even if it was shown to be negligent on the provider's part (which is far from apparent).
Thank you for your input.

xylene

Extractions can be terribly painful and traumatic ordeals.

Pain during the procedure and as part of after care is not a deviation from the minimum standard of care.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">