• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dentist ruins my veneers by another dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A_Martin

from Texas:
Question to post to an attorney for free advice:
In two grueling 5-hour sessions in December, my dentist put in a bridge (a temporary followed by permanent bridge). In the process, he decided to shorten four nice-looking veneers on the upper front teeth (which another dentist had placed).
Realizing he'd shortened the veneers too much, he corrected it somewhat with bonding material, which is whiter and not as translucent (or as durable). People stare at my teeth. Moreover, the bridge is too short: my upper teeth are no longer parallel to my lip line, but are slanted (not extreme, but noticeable).
The dentist's decision to alter my veneers was made without any input from me; I was rather sedated with nitrous oxide.
My husband and I will meet with the dentist in about two weeks to talk about this problem. Are we justified in asking him to replace the veneers at no cost to us, and to re-do the bridge? His price for the bridge is billed at $4200, and he will resist, I'm sure. I'm not happy at having to undergo these unpleasant dental procedures again. Also concerned that if he feels forced to re-do the bridge and veneers, he could be hostile towards me and I'll receive rougher-than-necessary treatment in the dental chair.
He's a good dentist, but since he's started treating patients in 5-hour sessions, he's making decisions (at least in my case) without talking to the patient or looking at the lip line.

ellencee

A_Martin
You are most justified in asking for the replacement costs of the veneers and the bridge. Find another dentist to do the replacing!
If the dentist resists your efforts, consult with a medmal attorney; the attorney may be able to get the dentist to agree to a settlement.
As you know, informed consent can not be obtained from a person who is under any form of anesthesia or sedation.
EC

A_Martin

dentist ruins veneers placed by another dentist

State: Texas
Thank you, Ellencee, for the helpful reply. By the time I meet with this dentist in two weeks, I also hope to have a second opinion from another dentist that the changes in the veneers, and the are too poor to be acceptable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">