• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dentist ruins my veneers by another dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A_Martin

What is the name of your state?from Texas:
In two grueling 5-hour sessions in December 2004, my dentist put in a bridge (a temporary followed by permanent bridge). In the process, he decided to shorten four nice-looking veneers on the upper front teeth (which another dentist had placed).
Realizing he'd shortened the veneers too much, he corrected it somewhat with bonding material, which is whiter and not as translucent (or as durable). Moreover, the bridge is too short: my upper teeth are no longer parallel to my lip line, but are slanted. It's not extreme, but noticeable. People now stare at my odd-looking upper teeth.
The dentist's decision to alter my veneers was made without ANY input from me; I was rather sedated with nitrous oxide.
I sent photographs to the dentist, along with a letter stating that I believe the bridge and veneers need to be replaced at no cost to me. I'll meet with him in about two weeks to talk about the problem. His price for the bridge alone is billed at $4200, and he will resist, I'm sure -- so I'll need leverage.
I'm not happy at having to undergo these unpleasant dental procedures again. Also concerned that if he feels forced to re-do the bridge and veneers, he could be hostile towards me and I'll receive rougher-than-necessary treatment in the dental chair.
He's a good dentist, but since he's started treating patients in 5-hour sessions, he is making hasty decisions (at least in my case) without talking to the patient or looking at the lip line.

funder

Something similar

Many years ago, I had 3 front teeth capped with porcelain jackets. Back then, it was $200 per tooth. We had to borrow the $600 as we didn't have dental insurance. My teeth had root canals years before and were turning black, but also breaking off.

I went through the procedure. First, they grind your teeth to a very fine point. Then they put on temporaries and you wait for the permanent ones to come in.

I went in after work to have the final procedure done. The insertion of the permanent crowns! After the dentist got done, he gave me a hand mirror to look at my new smile. I almost had a heart attack. The 3 new teeth were huge in comparison to the rest of my teeth. I said something to him. Well, it was late and I said I'd think on it overnight. I cried all the way home, looking up in the rear view mirror at my 3 huge front teeth.

I went home and decided to have a couple of drinks. Well, that didn't help at all. I cried all night long. I went to work in the morning and said something to my boss. Well, I shouldn't have because he would not let up teasing me. I did call the bank and have them stop the check to the dentist. I did tell the dentist too that I'd done that. I set up another appointment with him and he said he would replace the 3 teeth BUT ONLY ONCE. He drilled the porcelain crowns off and we repeated the procedure again. I was happy the second time, with teeth that were not BIG.

barry1817

teeth drilled

Did you have an informed consent signed prior to treatment. If the informed consent is only for the lowers this could pose a problem, and it relates to treatment not authorized, and to the quality of his care in treating the lower.

It is not unusual for a dentist who has not left enough room for a crown to adjust the opposing tooth, so as not to alter the new crown. But that is no justification for doing what you said was done and in reality when a dentist does that, I find that it is a little sloppy in the preparation stage.

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">