• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Diabetic done wrong by pharmacist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vnoah

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I am diabetic and a pharmacy sold me a highly concentrated form of insulin when I asked for regular or "R." The pharmcist told me that the bottle was different just because it was a new style when I asked about it. I normally use my pump so rarely buy R insulin at the pharmacy. I only need it when my pump runs out away from my supplies or if I have another pump or Humalog insulin issue. I purchased the insulin and used it believing the pharmacist.

I am lucky to have made it home. I do not remember much after taking the insulin. I nearly sent myself into a coma after I injecting what turned out to be five times more concentrated insulin than a normal vial of R would be. I passed out at home and the next thing I know I am in an ambulance hours later and more than 10 miles from home with a wrecked car and two police officers telling me that I looked like a drunk driver and that they had to chase me down trying to stop me.

I was crushed to have lost control like that and did not know what to do. I started to get myself together after about two weeks and see how I could put my life back together on my own. I happened upon the vial of insulin that the pharmacist sold me and looked up what the u500 designation on the bottle meant.

I have lost alot, missed alot, and been subject to injury because of that pharmacist negligence. What can I do to be made whole again? On top of the other damage I have thousands of dollars of vehicle damage, towing fees, etc. Where is the best place to turn for legal help? Should I contact the pharmacy directly first and see if they are willing to cover all my costs before I have to take legal action?

Thank you for your help,

MaxWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

barry1817

medical reports

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

I am diabetic and a pharmacy sold me a highly concentrated form of insulin when I asked for regular or "R." The pharmcist told me that the bottle was different just because it was a new style when I asked about it. I normally use my pump so rarely buy R insulin at the pharmacy. I only need it when my pump runs out away from my supplies or if I have another pump or Humalog insulin issue. I purchased the insulin and used it believing the pharmacist.

I am lucky to have made it home. I do not remember much after taking the insulin. I nearly sent myself into a coma after I injecting what turned out to be five times more concentrated insulin than a normal vial of R would be. I passed out at home and the next thing I know I am in an ambulance hours later and more than 10 miles from home with a wrecked car and two police officers telling me that I looked like a drunk driver and that they had to chase me down trying to stop me.

I was crushed to have lost control like that and did not know what to do. I started to get myself together after about two weeks and see how I could put my life back together on my own. I happened upon the vial of insulin that the pharmacist sold me and looked up what the u500 designation on the bottle meant.

I have lost alot, missed alot, and been subject to injury because of that pharmacist negligence. What can I do to be made whole again? On top of the other damage I have thousands of dollars of vehicle damage, towing fees, etc. Where is the best place to turn for legal help? Should I contact the pharmacy directly first and see if they are willing to cover all my costs before I have to take legal action?

Thank you for your help,

MaxWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
You need to discuss this with an attorney that specializes in malpractice. It would also be helpful that you save all evidence and put together a narrative of what happened to the best of recollection, and add to it as need be before meeting with the attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">