• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a case? PEG tube misplacement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

baesmile1

We Have An Expert

Just thought I would let everyone know, the lawyer met with the doctor this morning and called me following the appointment. We have an expert who has reviewed the records and agreed to testify if this goes to trial. Better than that, it is a very high credentialed doctor who is also a professor in the field.

There are so many emotions today - excitement :D and relief :cool: after looking since May to have confirmed an expert who is willing to take the case & anger:mad: because now it has been additionally confirmed that the errors that were made and the standards of care that were violated contributed directly to my brothers death. Regardless at this point, it is a comforting feeling to know that all of the worry has not been in vain, and I feel truly validated in the direction that I have chosen to pursue. And to think, it all started here with your forum's initial advice. Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!

So, from here - once the written documentation of the record review is received, the lawyer will serve the health care provider, and we will see where it goes from there. I will continue to keep you updated.

ellencee

Just thought I would let everyone know, the lawyer met with the doctor this morning and called me following the appointment. We have an expert who has reviewed the records and agreed to testify if this goes to trial. Better than that, it is a very high credentialed doctor who is also a professor in the field.

There are so many emotions today - excitement :D and relief :cool: after looking since May to have confirmed an expert who is willing to take the case & anger:mad: because now it has been additionally confirmed that the errors that were made and the standards of care that were violated contributed directly to my brothers death. Regardless at this point, it is a comforting feeling to know that all of the worry has not been in vain, and I feel truly validated in the direction that I have chosen to pursue. And to think, it all started here with your forum's initial advice. Thank you - Thank you - Thank you!

So, from here - once the written documentation of the record review is received, the lawyer will serve the health care provider, and we will see where it goes from there. I will continue to keep you updated.
Woo Hoo! Way to go! High five!
:D

EC

Flowers

Regarding your brother's case

Hi,
I am interested also in what has happened...Please write in when you can.

Flowers

Flowers

Do I Have A Case

Because in her last posting she stated she would keep us posted and cases do not all end quickly..It is fair to think that perhaps it is still being litigated.

By the way, the last posting was 1 year and 5 months ago. I am interested even if you are not.

Flowers

baesmile1

Follow Up

Thank you all for checking in, sorry that I had not reposted. Unfortunately the final results are all confidential, however I am very pleased with the outcome as it insures that policies are updated and that this will never again happen to someone else under the care of this health care system if procedures are followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">